Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

shoes,slippers,other foot products

Posted by john h on 9/20/01 at 10:44 (061051)

someone has probably mentioned this site before but i will again. http://www.footsmart.com my daughter showed me a pair of birk like sandals with a look a like footbed which conforms to your feet and is soft. big difference is it uses an elastic strap to hold them to your feet. they are called Arcopedico. Very good catalog with lots of shoes for people with feet problems and many other items we all talk about.

Re: shoes,slippers,other foot products

Betty s on 9/20/01 at 15:11 (061077)

the very best slippers I find are the felt clogs from Europe, made by Halfinger I believe it is spelled , other felt slip on clogs (they look sort of like Birkies) but they have solved many problems for me, I wont walk around the house with out them , and they are blissfully comfortable, also they have seriously helped my sister in law. good luck!

Betty S on 9/20/01 at 15:16 (061078)

I had trouble with the Archopedico , but maybe they will work for you , not enough arch support

Lori B on 9/20/01 at 22:05 (061109)

Thanks to all of you who responded to my post about slippers. I really need good arch support because I have absolutely no arch at all. (We are talking totally flat to the floor here) I wore the Halfingers around for a morning, but I didn't feel that they would give me enough support. I'm afraid that if I wear them around until they mold to my feet, and they still don't work for me that Footsmart will not take them back. $49.00 is a little too much to pay for an experiment. It's a bit of a quandry. I will check out the Birkie web site and see what they have. Again thanks again to all of you for your suggestions. Any others will also be appreciated.

Betty s on 9/20/01 at 15:11 (061077)

the very best slippers I find are the felt clogs from Europe, made by Halfinger I believe it is spelled , other felt slip on clogs (they look sort of like Birkies) but they have solved many problems for me, I wont walk around the house with out them , and they are blissfully comfortable, also they have seriously helped my sister in law. good luck!

Betty S on 9/20/01 at 15:16 (061078)

I had trouble with the Archopedico , but maybe they will work for you , not enough arch support

Lori B on 9/20/01 at 22:05 (061109)

Thanks to all of you who responded to my post about slippers. I really need good arch support because I have absolutely no arch at all. (We are talking totally flat to the floor here) I wore the Halfingers around for a morning, but I didn't feel that they would give me enough support. I'm afraid that if I wear them around until they mold to my feet, and they still don't work for me that Footsmart will not take them back. $49.00 is a little too much to pay for an experiment. It's a bit of a quandry. I will check out the Birkie web site and see what they have. Again thanks again to all of you for your suggestions. Any others will also be appreciated.