Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

new virus alerts

Posted by ellen w on 9/20/01 at 14:36 (061076)

Hi guys,

Just a thank you again for all your support. I am not quite ready to start posting again -- too much to do, and my thoughts are still too scattered -- but thought I should warn you all about 2 new virus alerts. One is in a file that comes with the heading 'read me'. Several people in my office have this one, so I know it's a not a hoax. I just received a second alert saying that the message says 'new family pictures.' That came from a friend, so I don't know if there is actual confirmation that this one is real.
ellen

Re: new virus alerts

linda A on 9/20/01 at 23:23 (061122)

thank you ellen . i just read about the ' READ ME ' file also from a good friend . i am glad to here that you are okay . the firefighters in louisville,ky collected money at busy intersections this past weekend , along w the children at their schools . it is going to take along time for our country to emotionaly heal . i am trying to do that process on a different circumstance after some 30 yrs . i suffer from a bi-polar disorder and post traumatic stress disorder that also includes the many forms of abuse . i am a very loving person when it comes to others , but to myself it is a diferent ballgame . this week has been hard . trying to keep my head above the water has been a great task .

ellen w on 9/21/01 at 08:37 (061138)

Linda,
just hang in there. I have friends who are dealing with the kinds of issues that you are, and I know how hard it is. I think women especially tend to put off taking care of themselves, while tending to others. One of the resolves I've made following last week is to get myself back to the person I was before the accident that started all my leg/foot problems, which means loosing weight and reaching out more to friends. Yesterday, I saw for the first time since Tuesday a friend I hadn't seen, in the elevator. We gave each other a hug that lasted 28 floors down. So -- here's a 28 floor hug to you, and all my friends on the board.
ellen

Re: It is good to see u

Tammie on 9/21/01 at 08:43 (061140)

I think that was a very sweet that you shared this with us Linda and Ellen! It is good to see and have you both
here with us! We always have much to learn always. Please add a hug in there from me ! Take care.

Re: to Ellen and Linda

Suzanne D on 9/23/01 at 15:20 (061341)

Linda, hang in there! I wish for you the best.

Ellen, it sounds as if you are off to a good start in your new resolve! I hope things are good for you this week.

My college-age daughter is president of KEASP - a student organization for those who are majoring in education. At their college homecoming next month, their club wanted to do something to raise money to help others in New York rather than working long hours on a float which will soon be torn down. Is donating through the Red Cross the best way to go? She said they would be interested in helping school-age children since they are an education organization but didn't have an idea how best to help. Any thoughts or suggestions I might pass along to her?

Once again, my best to you in coping in this difficult time for all America, but especially for you who are so affected each day.

ellen w on 9/24/01 at 10:45 (061414)

The Red Cross is a good option. Another is the The Twin Towers Fund, established by the City of New York to help families of the Fire Department, Emergency Services, and other government wokers injured or killed. Checks should be sent to The Twin Towers Fund, General Post Office, P.O. Box 26999, NY, NY 10087-6999.

P.S. -- there is a warning out to NOT contribute to any chairty that solicits by telephone.

ellen

Re: to Ellen

Suzanne D on 9/24/01 at 20:05 (061465)

Thank you, Ellen! I just gave this information to my daughter tonight. She appreciated the information.

Thinking of you...

linda A on 9/20/01 at 23:23 (061122)

thank you ellen . i just read about the ' READ ME ' file also from a good friend . i am glad to here that you are okay . the firefighters in louisville,ky collected money at busy intersections this past weekend , along w the children at their schools . it is going to take along time for our country to emotionaly heal . i am trying to do that process on a different circumstance after some 30 yrs . i suffer from a bi-polar disorder and post traumatic stress disorder that also includes the many forms of abuse . i am a very loving person when it comes to others , but to myself it is a diferent ballgame . this week has been hard . trying to keep my head above the water has been a great task .

ellen w on 9/21/01 at 08:37 (061138)

Linda,
just hang in there. I have friends who are dealing with the kinds of issues that you are, and I know how hard it is. I think women especially tend to put off taking care of themselves, while tending to others. One of the resolves I've made following last week is to get myself back to the person I was before the accident that started all my leg/foot problems, which means loosing weight and reaching out more to friends. Yesterday, I saw for the first time since Tuesday a friend I hadn't seen, in the elevator. We gave each other a hug that lasted 28 floors down. So -- here's a 28 floor hug to you, and all my friends on the board.
ellen

Re: It is good to see u

Tammie on 9/21/01 at 08:43 (061140)

I think that was a very sweet that you shared this with us Linda and Ellen! It is good to see and have you both
here with us! We always have much to learn always. Please add a hug in there from me ! Take care.

Suzanne D on 9/23/01 at 15:20 (061341)

Linda, hang in there! I wish for you the best.

Ellen, it sounds as if you are off to a good start in your new resolve! I hope things are good for you this week.

My college-age daughter is president of KEASP - a student organization for those who are majoring in education. At their college homecoming next month, their club wanted to do something to raise money to help others in New York rather than working long hours on a float which will soon be torn down. Is donating through the Red Cross the best way to go? She said they would be interested in helping school-age children since they are an education organization but didn't have an idea how best to help. Any thoughts or suggestions I might pass along to her?

Once again, my best to you in coping in this difficult time for all America, but especially for you who are so affected each day.

ellen w on 9/24/01 at 10:45 (061414)

The Red Cross is a good option. Another is the The Twin Towers Fund, established by the City of New York to help families of the Fire Department, Emergency Services, and other government wokers injured or killed. Checks should be sent to The Twin Towers Fund, General Post Office, P.O. Box 26999, NY, NY 10087-6999.

P.S. -- there is a warning out to NOT contribute to any chairty that solicits by telephone.

ellen

Re: to Ellen

Suzanne D on 9/24/01 at 20:05 (061465)

Thank you, Ellen! I just gave this information to my daughter tonight. She appreciated the information.

Thinking of you...