Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cervical epidural?

Posted by Jana on 9/20/01 at 16:49 (061089)

I have bilateral TTS (pf...) and bilateral RSI (repetative strain injury affecting arms, nerve and tendon related). In other words I have nerve pain in all extremities following an identical pain pattern. One chronic pain doc wants to do a series of cervical (spine in neck) epidural injections saying usually, for people that have bilateral injuries, the source is the spine and the cure is the spine.
Anyone ever heard anything about this? He even thinks injecting my neck will affect the feet.... This is the first I've heard of it????

Re: Cervical epidural?

susie on 9/23/01 at 11:24 (061329)

my Dr has also wants to do a continual epidural for three days in the hospital. He says it puts everything in a restfull state and alot of times helps with the nerve pain. I have decided to get another opinion on this and have a oppointment in a week.
I had the tts surgery and developed rsd after and now have pf in both feet. A real mess!!!! Have you tried any meds ex neurontin?. Also I was told the shots would be in the spin for the leg and foot not the neck. Hope this helps..

Re: Cervical epidural?

susie on 9/23/01 at 11:24 (061329)

my Dr has also wants to do a continual epidural for three days in the hospital. He says it puts everything in a restfull state and alot of times helps with the nerve pain. I have decided to get another opinion on this and have a oppointment in a week.
I had the tts surgery and developed rsd after and now have pf in both feet. A real mess!!!! Have you tried any meds ex neurontin?. Also I was told the shots would be in the spin for the leg and foot not the neck. Hope this helps..