Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Where are the doctors ?

Posted by BrianG on 9/21/01 at 18:36 (061206)

Hi Scott,

I am wondering if you are planning to recruit any new doctors to post here? Whithout the input from doctors (and I'd like to see some Ortho docs included) I can't see how your web site will prosper. Of course you will have your regulars, but will that be enough to attract new posters, or advertisers? The regulars are good to bolster each others feelings, but are they knowlegable enough to keep the newbies coming back? I hate to see your site slide downhill, but thats what I see when I look into my crystal ball. Do you have any plans, or are you just going to let the site carry on as usual?

BCG

Re: Where are the doctors ?

Scott R on 9/21/01 at 18:50 (061208)

BrianG: there's no way to recruit doctors short of providing a pleasant forum for them to post in by telling annoying visitors to 'cool it' in their attacks against the doctors. The message board has always been a small part of the website. Like the doctors, I'm only here for charitable reasons. It does not increase my income or the websites popularity to any significant degree, other than complex political reasons that I shan't divulge.

BrianG on 9/22/01 at 07:49 (061230)

Hi Scott,

I guess thats not the answer I was looking for, but it must have something to do with the 'complex political reasons'. OK, I have a suggestion. Why not keep the 'Ask the foot doctors' board open only to professionals, and people that can ask 1 question at a time. If the person who asked the question gets a response they do not like, or feels is incomplete, they can ask the doctor to take the issue off line, to E-mail. It will then be up to the doctor to respond, or drop it.

With your contacts, I don't see why you couldn't bring some new professional 'blood' to the forum, Pods, Orthos, Neuros, etc. I'm only bouncing a few ideas off you, I want to see the site grow, and still have the professional guidance that I think is nescessary to succeed.

I see alot of enthusiasm on the board at times, maybe some of those members could recruit some professionals. They might be willing, providing some new ground rules are put in place. I know people have already regretted telling their doctors about this board and I think that is fixable, with some new rules.

Regards
BCG

MattE on 9/22/01 at 10:41 (061254)

The problem with recruiting doctors is that theoretically when someone asks a doctor a question, that dr. is assuming a professional relationship with that individual. I am sure most physicians will not want to offer much medical information other than generalizations about a certain condition. I am a podiatrist. I find this website pretty good too. There is alot of useful information contained within this site. I refer alot of my patients to this site for general knowledge. Good Luck.

Scott R on 9/21/01 at 18:50 (061208)

BrianG: there's no way to recruit doctors short of providing a pleasant forum for them to post in by telling annoying visitors to 'cool it' in their attacks against the doctors. The message board has always been a small part of the website. Like the doctors, I'm only here for charitable reasons. It does not increase my income or the websites popularity to any significant degree, other than complex political reasons that I shan't divulge.

BrianG on 9/22/01 at 07:49 (061230)

Hi Scott,

I guess thats not the answer I was looking for, but it must have something to do with the 'complex political reasons'. OK, I have a suggestion. Why not keep the 'Ask the foot doctors' board open only to professionals, and people that can ask 1 question at a time. If the person who asked the question gets a response they do not like, or feels is incomplete, they can ask the doctor to take the issue off line, to E-mail. It will then be up to the doctor to respond, or drop it.

With your contacts, I don't see why you couldn't bring some new professional 'blood' to the forum, Pods, Orthos, Neuros, etc. I'm only bouncing a few ideas off you, I want to see the site grow, and still have the professional guidance that I think is nescessary to succeed.

I see alot of enthusiasm on the board at times, maybe some of those members could recruit some professionals. They might be willing, providing some new ground rules are put in place. I know people have already regretted telling their doctors about this board and I think that is fixable, with some new rules.

Regards
BCG

MattE on 9/22/01 at 10:41 (061254)

The problem with recruiting doctors is that theoretically when someone asks a doctor a question, that dr. is assuming a professional relationship with that individual. I am sure most physicians will not want to offer much medical information other than generalizations about a certain condition. I am a podiatrist. I find this website pretty good too. There is alot of useful information contained within this site. I refer alot of my patients to this site for general knowledge. Good Luck.