Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

We give them everything they need!

Posted by Pauline on 9/24/01 at 12:40 (061424)

Does it make anyone else angry, when our seemly bright newscasters describe in detail the weakness of American defense again biological warfare. What efforts they go to, just to develop news to scare the public and provide information to our enemys. I can't wait till the next broadcast when I'll learn in detail how to use a crop duster to spread microorganisms. I understand it will be a complete story from the inside of a cockpit showing me how much to use and the best targets to hit. You too can learn how to knock out your fellow Americans right from your arm chair. Just turn on your T.V. Terrorist must laugh as us, we provide them with everything they need. Bin Ladon is probably hiding out in the U.S. where he will be safe.

Re: We give them everything they need!

Donna M on 9/24/01 at 13:05 (061426)

I hate it, but I have to agree with you Pauline!!

This has always been one of my pet peeves. Newscasters are so 'eager' to have the news they consider to be best and to get it out before someone else does, they don't consider the effect it can have, just that they told it first!!

Just another example of their stupidity; bin Laden was using cell phones for communication, because he thought they couldn't be tapped into and conversations be known or calls traced. Well of course, some stupid reporter, trying to get a promotion, found out and then told the public! That is now why bin Laden uses a computer and the net for transferring info!!

Supposedly they don't know where bin Laden is~~well if you want to know about our President, just turn on the news. They will tell you where he is, where he is going, and what time he'll be there!!!

paula on 9/24/01 at 15:15 (061438)

yes i know what you mean. i heard a few things as well that made me think it might be a breach of national security. but messing with the freedom of the press is a very slippery slope and in the long run might be much more dangerous than the what we have now.

Jill P on 9/24/01 at 15:32 (061444)

I have thought this about the darn media for quite some time but was really angry the day of the attacks when they kept telling either where the President was OR saying we can't tell you for security purposes, but we think he'd either go to A, B, or C. UGH! Don't give out these details! Just tell us he is safe and stop with that! Some channels would say that they couldn't tell and then speculate while on other channels at the same time they would say the press guy with the President called and they were at location X or in route to X! Just burned me up that they place more importance on breaking the story than thinking about the possible consequences.

Yes, I too hate that they keep doing stories about all our weaknesses or probable plans for trying to find Bin Laden and other terrorist cells. This to me is one of those cases where they should give out VERY few details about WHAT is going on or might go on and focus more on just giving progress reports in general and recapping what has already taken place.

john h on 9/25/01 at 10:27 (061506)

we are faced with some scary things out there such as anthrax,smallpox,seran gas, small nuclear devices. every citizen in Israel is issued a gas mask and is trained on how to use it and the mask are checked by the government each year. we do not have enough vaccine to begin to counter an outbreak of some of these diseases in just one city. air intakes in large buildings are at ground level and are very subject to seran gas such as was used in the Japanese subway attack a few years ago. the terriorist were found to have a crop dusting aircaft manual and had talked to owners of such aircraft about their use. our personal freedoms are very very important but there may come a time we have to make a choice whether to give up some of these freedoms or face horrendous loss of human life or worse.

PatC on 9/25/01 at 12:01 (061518)

I agree with all of you. The media gives out too much info. If they don't know what is going on they try and guess what is going on. The radio stations here in Las Vegas are talking about how they are afraid we are going to give up too many freedoms. I would rather have my children and grandchildren give up some freedoms and still be alive.

Donna M on 9/24/01 at 13:05 (061426)

I hate it, but I have to agree with you Pauline!!

This has always been one of my pet peeves. Newscasters are so 'eager' to have the news they consider to be best and to get it out before someone else does, they don't consider the effect it can have, just that they told it first!!

Just another example of their stupidity; bin Laden was using cell phones for communication, because he thought they couldn't be tapped into and conversations be known or calls traced. Well of course, some stupid reporter, trying to get a promotion, found out and then told the public! That is now why bin Laden uses a computer and the net for transferring info!!

Supposedly they don't know where bin Laden is~~well if you want to know about our President, just turn on the news. They will tell you where he is, where he is going, and what time he'll be there!!!

paula on 9/24/01 at 15:15 (061438)

yes i know what you mean. i heard a few things as well that made me think it might be a breach of national security. but messing with the freedom of the press is a very slippery slope and in the long run might be much more dangerous than the what we have now.

Jill P on 9/24/01 at 15:32 (061444)

I have thought this about the darn media for quite some time but was really angry the day of the attacks when they kept telling either where the President was OR saying we can't tell you for security purposes, but we think he'd either go to A, B, or C. UGH! Don't give out these details! Just tell us he is safe and stop with that! Some channels would say that they couldn't tell and then speculate while on other channels at the same time they would say the press guy with the President called and they were at location X or in route to X! Just burned me up that they place more importance on breaking the story than thinking about the possible consequences.

Yes, I too hate that they keep doing stories about all our weaknesses or probable plans for trying to find Bin Laden and other terrorist cells. This to me is one of those cases where they should give out VERY few details about WHAT is going on or might go on and focus more on just giving progress reports in general and recapping what has already taken place.

john h on 9/25/01 at 10:27 (061506)

we are faced with some scary things out there such as anthrax,smallpox,seran gas, small nuclear devices. every citizen in Israel is issued a gas mask and is trained on how to use it and the mask are checked by the government each year. we do not have enough vaccine to begin to counter an outbreak of some of these diseases in just one city. air intakes in large buildings are at ground level and are very subject to seran gas such as was used in the Japanese subway attack a few years ago. the terriorist were found to have a crop dusting aircaft manual and had talked to owners of such aircraft about their use. our personal freedoms are very very important but there may come a time we have to make a choice whether to give up some of these freedoms or face horrendous loss of human life or worse.

PatC on 9/25/01 at 12:01 (061518)

I agree with all of you. The media gives out too much info. If they don't know what is going on they try and guess what is going on. The radio stations here in Las Vegas are talking about how they are afraid we are going to give up too many freedoms. I would rather have my children and grandchildren give up some freedoms and still be alive.