Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

post-op heel pain

Posted by Phil on 9/26/01 at 16:13 (061644)

I've had 3 surgeries for faschitis on one heel (over a 12 year period), and none of them relived the pain. Is Ossa Tron a possibility?

Re: post-op heel pain

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/26/01 at 16:38 (061651)

Three surgeries on the same heel for plantar fasciitis???? What exactly was done? ESWT is a possibility even after a failed plantar fascial release.
Ed

Dr. David S. Wander on 9/26/01 at 17:09 (061660)

If you've had 3 surgeries over the years for plantar fasciitis, you may not have plantar fasciitis. As I'm sure that you've seen on this site, there are a plethora of other pathologies that can cause heel pain. I'm surprised that any physician would attempt a surgical correction, given 2 failed surgeries in the past. Did you obtain any relief after any of the surgeries? Although ESWT may be beneficial, I would certainly start looking into other causes of the pain.

christie b. on 11/03/01 at 20:50 (064076)

I've looked everywhere on the net for help and wandered onto this. I have plantar faciitis and had a hard cast put on yesterday (after trying cortisone shot with no result) Another site says this is a very dangerous thing to have done and not at all helpful. Please have mercy on me and tell me what I should do. Obviously my doc thinks its okay but I'm running out of options and wish to avoid surgery. My email is whithannah@yahoo.com
Please Please Please help me!!

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/26/01 at 16:38 (061651)

Three surgeries on the same heel for plantar fasciitis???? What exactly was done? ESWT is a possibility even after a failed plantar fascial release.
Ed

Dr. David S. Wander on 9/26/01 at 17:09 (061660)

If you've had 3 surgeries over the years for plantar fasciitis, you may not have plantar fasciitis. As I'm sure that you've seen on this site, there are a plethora of other pathologies that can cause heel pain. I'm surprised that any physician would attempt a surgical correction, given 2 failed surgeries in the past. Did you obtain any relief after any of the surgeries? Although ESWT may be beneficial, I would certainly start looking into other causes of the pain.

christie b. on 11/03/01 at 20:50 (064076)

I've looked everywhere on the net for help and wandered onto this. I have plantar faciitis and had a hard cast put on yesterday (after trying cortisone shot with no result) Another site says this is a very dangerous thing to have done and not at all helpful. Please have mercy on me and tell me what I should do. Obviously my doc thinks its okay but I'm running out of options and wish to avoid surgery. My email is whithannah@yahoo.com
Please Please Please help me!!