Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

shoes for bigger feet...

Posted by Suzanne D on 9/29/01 at 12:43 (061861)

I have received so much valuable information on this site - from Scott's book as well as the message boards. I am so thankful for it!

I just discovered something this morning that others with longer feet may already know, but just in case this would help someone like me who DIDN'T know, I will pass this along:

Some of the styles of Birkenstocks can be found in larger sizes on the German site (the one you go to if you click on the word Birkenstock in this message)!

I wear a 43 and had been told by the salesperson at the store where I purchased my first pair (Arizonas) in August that only the unisex styles were made above size 42. On the Birkenstock Express site, I found the Mary Jane style (Annapolis) was listed through size 42. On the German site, that style could be purchased through size 43. I found that to be true for another style as well (Granada, I think).

So, besides the savings in money - which is also helpful! - I have found that some larger sizes are available.

My best to each of you... :-)

Re: shoes for bigger feet...

JoAnn Fl on 9/30/01 at 00:22 (061899)

Have you tried buying men's shoes? I have a wide foot, but its really too small for men's sizes, but I did find a 6 1/2 in Reebok that is working well.

Re: shoes for bigger feet...

JoAnn Fl on 9/30/01 at 00:22 (061899)

Have you tried buying men's shoes? I have a wide foot, but its really too small for men's sizes, but I did find a 6 1/2 in Reebok that is working well.