Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cure and losing weight

Posted by Patricia on 9/29/01 at 20:25 (061895)

Does anyone know about any success in getting total relief from heel pain just by losing weight?

Re: Cure and losing weight

Carmen H on 9/30/01 at 12:19 (061911)

Now that would be a DREAM for most people. But a 'cure' for PF is never the same for anyone. If you are new to the board you can do a lot of reading and learn a lot. One way to find out about weight and PF is to do a search....just put in Weight or Losing weight or something that you are interested in reading about and learning about from others experiences and you should get a whole SLEW of things to read. Losing weight and maintaining weight is a BIG issue for a lot of people...unfortunately losing weight won't 'cure' PF....only aid in making it better faster. Some people lost weight and found that their PF got better...but that's more than likely from a combination of conservative treatments and the weight loss.
What is your goal and how long have you had PF?

Paula G. on 9/30/01 at 16:27 (061920)

I would not say losing weight is a 'cure'..but I know it is a factor in symptoms.

Linda C on 10/01/01 at 09:43 (061964)

My Orthopod told me to lose weight after he gave me a cortisone shot. No other treatment options were offered.

john h on 10/01/01 at 19:38 (062002)

i do not know about 'total relief' but you sure cannot get any worse. I have an acquaintance who lost about 170 lbs and who had terrible feet. He is now pain free.

Carmen H on 9/30/01 at 12:19 (061911)

Now that would be a DREAM for most people. But a 'cure' for PF is never the same for anyone. If you are new to the board you can do a lot of reading and learn a lot. One way to find out about weight and PF is to do a search....just put in Weight or Losing weight or something that you are interested in reading about and learning about from others experiences and you should get a whole SLEW of things to read. Losing weight and maintaining weight is a BIG issue for a lot of people...unfortunately losing weight won't 'cure' PF....only aid in making it better faster. Some people lost weight and found that their PF got better...but that's more than likely from a combination of conservative treatments and the weight loss.
What is your goal and how long have you had PF?

Paula G. on 9/30/01 at 16:27 (061920)

I would not say losing weight is a 'cure'..but I know it is a factor in symptoms.

Linda C on 10/01/01 at 09:43 (061964)

My Orthopod told me to lose weight after he gave me a cortisone shot. No other treatment options were offered.

john h on 10/01/01 at 19:38 (062002)

i do not know about 'total relief' but you sure cannot get any worse. I have an acquaintance who lost about 170 lbs and who had terrible feet. He is now pain free.