Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Visit to Dr Zuckerman

Posted by John H on 9/30/01 at 16:55 (061924)

I returned Saturday late PM from my visit to Dr. Zuckerman. It was really great to visit with Judy,Barb and Dr. Z. Steve called on the phone while we were there to see how we all were doing. Barb had ESWT on her nueroma rather than surgery. Dr. Weil in Chicago has apparently treated around 25 cases of neuroma with ESWT rather than the conventional surgery. I think Dr. Z indicated he had about an 80% success rate. It was Barb's decision and she went with the ESWT. Both Judy and I had ESWT treatments and we all did well with just mildly sore feet. I bought Berringer and some white wine which Barb and Judy seem to like and after Dr. Z fineshed with all his patients we all enjoyed wine and some wonderful conversation in Dr. Z's new mobile Zap Mobile. It is really luxurious and that is where he now conducts his ESWT treatments. I left early Saturday AM and Nancy N was to arrive around noon for support for Barb and visit with Judy and Barb. Barb, Judy, and I had dinner Friday PM near our famous hotel the Day's Inn. Barb negotiated the entire deal without crutches which is actually the first time I have ever seen Barb without crutches. I will let Judy and Barb speak for themselves as to how their feet feel but I am doing just fine and feel comfortable that I had the 4th ESWT procedure. As always, Dr Zuckerman is a very special Doctor. Over the course of my lifetime I have met many Doctors. Bar none, this gentleman will give you more time and answer each and every question and make you feel more comfortable than any doctor I have ever visited. He is indeed special!

Judy and Barb have become my very special friends after so many face to face meetings and I am thankful that I have had the pleasure of coming to know them. Dr. Z's new mobile Zap Mobile must be seen to appreciated. It is luxury on wheels. Today I mowed the yard and my feet pain level is at a level one (1). My spirits have once again been uplifted.

Aircraft were about half full as i went into St. Louis,Cleveland,Washington/Baltimore. No problems with long waits or anything. Security at Washington/Baltimore very good. They did what I would call a police body shake down starting at the ankles and working up and also used a metal detecting wond. I still would fly as opposed to driving anytime. Hey Neece I could not stuff the free ESWT box for you as Dr Z. keeps it under lock and key. A wonderful trip to see wonderful people.

Re: Thanks John!

Carmen H on 9/30/01 at 17:58 (061930)

Thanks for the nice excerpt from your trip. VERY good to hear good things for you all.

Re: Re:You flew into clevland?

Tammie on 9/30/01 at 18:50 (061935)

John, I am glad your flight went well! I live outside of cleveland area, about 40 miles from airport! Gosh you were close. Well so good to hear that you had a good visit! I am anxious to hear how others are doing! Ihope that you took pics!!! I love to see all of you together it is so very nice! I am sad you could not stack the box for necee tho, hmmmmm we will have to really cross our fingers and all for her! A nice christmas gift it would make.Well I must go now so much to catch up with! Hugssss to u and so glad things went well for you .

Re: Visit to Dr Zuckerman

Steve P on 10/01/01 at 09:08 (061961)

John -- Thanks for your excellent account above. I enjoyed my phone call to you folks, although Judy cautioned me that nothing you said about her was true.

:>)

I sure agree with your remarks about Dr. Z & his 'family' of patients. He is the best & so are they!

Steve

Stephanie S. on 10/01/01 at 12:33 (061970)

I'm jealous!! Next time I want in on the 'slumber party'!! Since my feet are well...I'll hang with Nancy and just be there for support..bringing corona's for Judy..and a shoulder for Barb to lean on. John H., I'll be waiting for my flight schedule...:) Steph

Linda C. on 10/01/01 at 14:25 (061977)

John H,

How long did your drive take to Dr. Z's from BWI?

john h on 10/01/01 at 19:47 (062006)

steph: you do not know what you missed!!!! you wanted to go to destin the last i heard. by the way-that is scotts hangout?????????

john h on 10/01/01 at 19:50 (062008)

driving back from woodbury to BWI on saturday at 8am took about 2 hours and 15 minutes. going up will depend largely on time of day and traffic. from 2:10 to 4:00.

Re: Thanks John!

Carmen H on 9/30/01 at 17:58 (061930)

Thanks for the nice excerpt from your trip. VERY good to hear good things for you all.

Re: Re:You flew into clevland?

Tammie on 9/30/01 at 18:50 (061935)

John, I am glad your flight went well! I live outside of cleveland area, about 40 miles from airport! Gosh you were close. Well so good to hear that you had a good visit! I am anxious to hear how others are doing! Ihope that you took pics!!! I love to see all of you together it is so very nice! I am sad you could not stack the box for necee tho, hmmmmm we will have to really cross our fingers and all for her! A nice christmas gift it would make.Well I must go now so much to catch up with! Hugssss to u and so glad things went well for you .

Steve P on 10/01/01 at 09:08 (061961)

John -- Thanks for your excellent account above. I enjoyed my phone call to you folks, although Judy cautioned me that nothing you said about her was true.

:>)

I sure agree with your remarks about Dr. Z & his 'family' of patients. He is the best & so are they!

Steve

Stephanie S. on 10/01/01 at 12:33 (061970)

I'm jealous!! Next time I want in on the 'slumber party'!! Since my feet are well...I'll hang with Nancy and just be there for support..bringing corona's for Judy..and a shoulder for Barb to lean on. John H., I'll be waiting for my flight schedule...:) Steph

Linda C. on 10/01/01 at 14:25 (061977)

John H,

How long did your drive take to Dr. Z's from BWI?

john h on 10/01/01 at 19:47 (062006)

steph: you do not know what you missed!!!! you wanted to go to destin the last i heard. by the way-that is scotts hangout?????????

john h on 10/01/01 at 19:50 (062008)

driving back from woodbury to BWI on saturday at 8am took about 2 hours and 15 minutes. going up will depend largely on time of day and traffic. from 2:10 to 4:00.