Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Suzanne, I already had those to lol

Posted by Tammie on 10/01/01 at 12:25 (061969)

Actually I have 2 pairs of the reebox dmx laying in a pile of shoes of my collection also a pair of addias , with several others .My drling daughter has taken some of my sandles and shoes as they fit her lol she keeps trying to see if her foot has grown enough to take them. To funny, but she says I can keep the NB as they are not to her fashion liking, she says I buy old lady types in them . Nice and lovely child, I informed her that is why so she will leave them alone hehe.I could never ever wer the shoes thease youngsters wear, there poorrrrr feet Heels that make her about 6 feet lol of course that is a exageration but close.

But being I am a mom I know nothing, just look at my foot troubles i tell her, she laughs and says oh mom if you would just get a life you would feel so much better, get back to work and you would be happyer and not worry about what feels good on your feet, oh my definetly a child. Good thing I love her eh? LOL I wear about a 71/2 wide but been getting about a 1/2 size bigger so as to be able to wear thicker socks or dual pairs and orthodics.I have been trying on with 2 pair of thick socks and my orthodics in , u should see the looks I get,not to mention questions. Oh well They are my feet and the only ones I get so .

Re: Suzanne, I already had those to lol

Suzanne D on 10/02/01 at 09:25 (062056)

Tammie, I have 20 and 15 year old daughters. The older has a size 8 1/2 foot, but the younger is catching up with me, wearing a size 10 now. Of course she likes the 'cool' shoes, too! :-) I know they don't want to wear shoes like me, but I AM encouraging them to choose wisely and wear good shoes, not little cheap, poorly made things. I hope they never have the problems I have! My younger daughter has a high arch like me and takes tap and ballet classes. I know her feet get sore and tired from this, too. I try to make sure she keeps in good tennis shoes and that other shoes seem o.k. I'm just learning about all this! As a kid, I went barefoot a lot, and I went without shoes in the house up until all this a few months ago!

Best of luck to you! :-)

Re: Boy do I hear u

Tammie on 10/02/01 at 11:14 (062068)

living in country and stuff I sure was barefoot quite often. And I liked flat sandles with no support and arch yikes. I am most likely a nightmare waiting or correction has happened !!!!I say I am sorry to my feet every day as I massage them with lotion lol. Wonder when it is they think they may forgive me? Hmmmmm, I am trying to make it up to them, bought them several different shoes and not exactly cheap, they just dont seem to care for them, or they are going to make me squirm a bit longer hehehe.Little devils that they are.

Re: Suzanne, I already had those to lol

Suzanne D on 10/02/01 at 09:25 (062056)

Tammie, I have 20 and 15 year old daughters. The older has a size 8 1/2 foot, but the younger is catching up with me, wearing a size 10 now. Of course she likes the 'cool' shoes, too! :-) I know they don't want to wear shoes like me, but I AM encouraging them to choose wisely and wear good shoes, not little cheap, poorly made things. I hope they never have the problems I have! My younger daughter has a high arch like me and takes tap and ballet classes. I know her feet get sore and tired from this, too. I try to make sure she keeps in good tennis shoes and that other shoes seem o.k. I'm just learning about all this! As a kid, I went barefoot a lot, and I went without shoes in the house up until all this a few months ago!

Best of luck to you! :-)

Re: Boy do I hear u

Tammie on 10/02/01 at 11:14 (062068)

living in country and stuff I sure was barefoot quite often. And I liked flat sandles with no support and arch yikes. I am most likely a nightmare waiting or correction has happened !!!!I say I am sorry to my feet every day as I massage them with lotion lol. Wonder when it is they think they may forgive me? Hmmmmm, I am trying to make it up to them, bought them several different shoes and not exactly cheap, they just dont seem to care for them, or they are going to make me squirm a bit longer hehehe.Little devils that they are.