Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am looking at thease does anyone have any thoughts to them?WF823 w

Posted by Tammie on 10/01/01 at 18:10 (061985)

I have been thinking of thease shoes but wonder what anyone thinks about them? That NB site that tells proper shoes for your feet says a couple of different ones but says that the 608 I hve are not good for me as they do not have enough support???? I was just wondering now, I am getting totaly confused, I understood that cross trainers and runners are better for support, but he is telling me walkers?????Or Running shoes. I am totaly confused any help would certainly be apreciated, before I order something that is again bad for me. Please advice, and thanks tremendously!

Re: I am looking at thease does anyone have any thoughts to them?WF823 w

nancy s. on 10/01/01 at 18:27 (061989)

gee, tammie, now that's an odd one -- the 608 cross trainers feel like they give me plenty of support, and in the right places. also, i thought cross trainers _are_ walking shoes? hmmm, i think i'll go check out the site myself! maybe i'll learn something. (but i won't stop wearing the 608s periodically as i do -- since they work for me, i probably shouldn't try to 'fix' the shoe situation.)
nancy

Re: what is a rollbar?

nancy s. on 10/01/01 at 18:43 (061992)

once and for all, can someone explain what a rollbar is, where it is in the shoe, and whether or not it's good for PF feet? i was just looking at the new balance website, and they recommend the rollbar for PF and hyperpronation. for example, for these conditions they recommend their nb810 and specify that the rollbar is one reason they recommend it. do they know what they're talking about?
thanks.
nancy

Tammie on 10/01/01 at 20:36 (062013)

See how confusing this gets? I had wrote to there area where they advise to what would be good for your feet and problems of the feet.
He had responded that he thought I needed more stability and something about NB with a ending of SL-2 which I dodnt havea clue so wrote asking about that to.Still waiting to find out about that. he recomended wx1003 and wx851NP and w597wb and w878gp, all different then I have tried.I had been tempted with the ones above. I have thease 608 and finally got the d width and they feel ok but , if not right for me??/ LOl I get to frustrated with all thease darn different kinds and numbers. I am glad to see that u are asking questions to then I can read what is said hehehe! Thanks for listening and helping it sure is a difficult decision. Hugs to u!

BG CPed on 10/01/01 at 21:11 (062017)

The 810 and a few others have a roll bar that is bigger or smaller depending on the model. The 810 has the smallest. It is the opposit theory than reebok or nike air. Instead of having air chambers or bubbles under the heel it is harder like an i-beam. Think of the capitol letter H and cut the lower 1/2 off of it and that is what it looks like. It is good if you pronate or have aneutral foot. If you are a heavy person or heavy pronator you should maybe look at a pure running model. The 810 is a good shoe and it is solid white, beige or black. They also come in widths. If you have a wider foot and have trouble getting forefoot wide enough try a mans version, they have a wider cut. Have them measur your foot while standing. I would go to a good store or a pedorthic facility that has shoes to make sure you get the right size and type

Andrea R. on 10/02/01 at 08:28 (062048)

Tammie,

According to the New Balance web site:

SL-1 Fit
A straight last used in many of our running shoes. Built for people with a typical forefoot and toe-box depth, it provides a comfortable and snug fit through the instep and heel area.

SL-2 Fit
A semi-curved last for people with a high arch foot type. It provides a roomy toe-box to prevent toe bruising and a slightly wider forefoot than the SL-1 last. It accommodates orthotics and has a unique design and superior fit.

Go to http://www.newbalance.com/walking/ and look at the info under performance fit. It explains the features of their walking shoes.

I have wide feet except for the heel so the SL-2 work great for me.

Good luck,

Andrea

nancy s. on 10/02/01 at 10:06 (062060)

thank you very much for this info. And now i can stop picturing a rollbar as this uncomfortable long round thing at the metatarsal area destined to give me another foot problem! thanks again.

Tammie on 10/02/01 at 11:09 (062067)

Thanks I found that last night also,but thank u again. That is weird he says SL2 then as I have no arch I have a wider toe area but not extreamly
mostly when I stand as then foot flattens out. Interesting tho, the unique differences of feet and shoes. Thanks for the help I do appreciate it. Today I am debating which shoes I shall order to try,wx851np or the wfx823w ,I wonder what the world record is for shoes in a pile lol.The hubby says I must start getting rid of some of thease, but daughter is catching up to me in shoe size and is begging me to save for her.LOl she already has taken most of my sandles as wont wear them again most likly.

nancy s. on 10/01/01 at 18:27 (061989)

gee, tammie, now that's an odd one -- the 608 cross trainers feel like they give me plenty of support, and in the right places. also, i thought cross trainers _are_ walking shoes? hmmm, i think i'll go check out the site myself! maybe i'll learn something. (but i won't stop wearing the 608s periodically as i do -- since they work for me, i probably shouldn't try to 'fix' the shoe situation.)
nancy

nancy s. on 10/01/01 at 18:43 (061992)

once and for all, can someone explain what a rollbar is, where it is in the shoe, and whether or not it's good for PF feet? i was just looking at the new balance website, and they recommend the rollbar for PF and hyperpronation. for example, for these conditions they recommend their nb810 and specify that the rollbar is one reason they recommend it. do they know what they're talking about?
thanks.
nancy

Tammie on 10/01/01 at 20:36 (062013)

See how confusing this gets? I had wrote to there area where they advise to what would be good for your feet and problems of the feet.
He had responded that he thought I needed more stability and something about NB with a ending of SL-2 which I dodnt havea clue so wrote asking about that to.Still waiting to find out about that. he recomended wx1003 and wx851NP and w597wb and w878gp, all different then I have tried.I had been tempted with the ones above. I have thease 608 and finally got the d width and they feel ok but , if not right for me??/ LOl I get to frustrated with all thease darn different kinds and numbers. I am glad to see that u are asking questions to then I can read what is said hehehe! Thanks for listening and helping it sure is a difficult decision. Hugs to u!

BG CPed on 10/01/01 at 21:11 (062017)

The 810 and a few others have a roll bar that is bigger or smaller depending on the model. The 810 has the smallest. It is the opposit theory than reebok or nike air. Instead of having air chambers or bubbles under the heel it is harder like an i-beam. Think of the capitol letter H and cut the lower 1/2 off of it and that is what it looks like. It is good if you pronate or have aneutral foot. If you are a heavy person or heavy pronator you should maybe look at a pure running model. The 810 is a good shoe and it is solid white, beige or black. They also come in widths. If you have a wider foot and have trouble getting forefoot wide enough try a mans version, they have a wider cut. Have them measur your foot while standing. I would go to a good store or a pedorthic facility that has shoes to make sure you get the right size and type

Andrea R. on 10/02/01 at 08:28 (062048)

Tammie,

According to the New Balance web site:

SL-1 Fit
A straight last used in many of our running shoes. Built for people with a typical forefoot and toe-box depth, it provides a comfortable and snug fit through the instep and heel area.

SL-2 Fit
A semi-curved last for people with a high arch foot type. It provides a roomy toe-box to prevent toe bruising and a slightly wider forefoot than the SL-1 last. It accommodates orthotics and has a unique design and superior fit.

Go to http://www.newbalance.com/walking/ and look at the info under performance fit. It explains the features of their walking shoes.

I have wide feet except for the heel so the SL-2 work great for me.

Good luck,

Andrea

nancy s. on 10/02/01 at 10:06 (062060)

thank you very much for this info. And now i can stop picturing a rollbar as this uncomfortable long round thing at the metatarsal area destined to give me another foot problem! thanks again.

Tammie on 10/02/01 at 11:09 (062067)

Thanks I found that last night also,but thank u again. That is weird he says SL2 then as I have no arch I have a wider toe area but not extreamly
mostly when I stand as then foot flattens out. Interesting tho, the unique differences of feet and shoes. Thanks for the help I do appreciate it. Today I am debating which shoes I shall order to try,wx851np or the wfx823w ,I wonder what the world record is for shoes in a pile lol.The hubby says I must start getting rid of some of thease, but daughter is catching up to me in shoe size and is begging me to save for her.LOl she already has taken most of my sandles as wont wear them again most likly.