Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

does prozac help?

Posted by Diane R on 10/01/01 at 18:19 (061988)

I recently started taking Prozac for sleep problems caused by depression. My feet are noticably better recently. I know that depression can make minor pain worse but didn't realize that treating the depression would make my feet feel better - not well, just better. Has anyone else noticed this correlation?

Diane

Re: does prozac help?

john h on 10/01/01 at 19:36 (062000)

If you are depressed, my opinion that anything that improves your depression will make the rest of you feel better. this is just an opinion from a non-medical PF guy. I have always and continue to feel that if you can improve your mindset and stop thinking about your feet they will just feel better for whatever reason.

BG CPed on 10/01/01 at 20:40 (062014)

I used to work at a pain clinic and many pt with chronic pain were told to take melatonin or stronger meds to help sleep or improve mood. If you cant sleep or are restless and irritable it can affect it.

john h on 10/01/01 at 19:36 (062000)

If you are depressed, my opinion that anything that improves your depression will make the rest of you feel better. this is just an opinion from a non-medical PF guy. I have always and continue to feel that if you can improve your mindset and stop thinking about your feet they will just feel better for whatever reason.

BG CPed on 10/01/01 at 20:40 (062014)

I used to work at a pain clinic and many pt with chronic pain were told to take melatonin or stronger meds to help sleep or improve mood. If you cant sleep or are restless and irritable it can affect it.