Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

So glad I found this board

Posted by RitaZ on 10/01/01 at 18:30 (061990)

Hi all. A couple months ago, I had some heel pain upon awakening. My chiropractor friend adjusted my feet and briefly explained PF. It helped for a couple weeks. Then I went on a marathon 3 day shopping spree with hubby in flat sandals, ouch! I have been in agony ever since. I did stop in a Foot Locker during the shopping and purchased a pair of Reebok walking shoes which helped alot at first too. Now the constant pain is back. I have not tried any other treatments, other than stretching which I've been doing before getting out of bed for quite some time, but it only briefly helps. My pain is no longer the first few steps of the morning, now it is constant, even while resting. It feels like stone bruises on the bottoms of both heels. I am wondering if ice helps so long after the initial injury (to the best of my knowledge, 2 months now)? I intend to try some arch supports, as I do have flat feet. What should my next step be (no pun intended)? I am trying to absorb all the posts, lots of information here. But I am glad to find I'm not alone. I never imagined my problem was so wide-spread. Sorry for rambling on, just glad to be here.

Rita

Re: So glad I found this board

PatC on 10/02/01 at 08:59 (062052)

Hi Rita,
If I were you, I would go see my dr. and get an evaluation. The sooner you get treated, the better your chances are for a faster recovery. I waited too long before I went to the dr. and now 7 mos later I'm still trying to get better.

Re: So glad I found this board

PatC on 10/02/01 at 08:59 (062052)

Hi Rita,
If I were you, I would go see my dr. and get an evaluation. The sooner you get treated, the better your chances are for a faster recovery. I waited too long before I went to the dr. and now 7 mos later I'm still trying to get better.