Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Just an update

Posted by Nicole V.R. on 10/01/01 at 22:52 (062024)

Hello everyone! It has been a long time since I posted a message on this site but I believe it may be beneficial for some for me to update my progress. I am one of the Ossatron Gang which received treatment in Toronto in February of 2000. For several months now I have considered myself 100% cured of my PF. I had suffered for several years prior to my treatment, and in fact suffered for many months after. Hindering my recovery was my pregnancy. Of course, giving birth is sheer joy in itself, but I can't begin to tell you all how happy I am that I can carry my baby up the three flights of stairs to our apartment, that I can chase after him and play with him, all with no pain.
The true test to declaring myself cured was when I took a temporary job in a college bookstore for 2 weeks for the start of classes. I worked as a cashier and stood for 7 hours straight. At the end of every day I was achey, but definitely felt no PF pain.
Thank you everyone on this board who supported me prior to and during my recovery for PF. And of course, Thank you, Scott for providing such a wonderful service.

Re: Just an update

nancy s. on 10/02/01 at 02:36 (062039)

nicole! it's great to hear from you, and especially great to hear how well you're doing! every now and then i'd wondered about you....and this is the best news possible. thanks so much for letting us know, and congratulations.
nancy

Nicole on 10/02/01 at 08:54 (062050)

Nicole,
Glad to hear your news. That word 'cure' sure is music to everyone's ear here at heelspurs. Congratulations.

Re: Above post should have my name on it. Sorry

Pauline on 10/02/01 at 08:56 (062051)

Wrong name of poster.

Re: Good deal !!

BrianG on 10/02/01 at 09:14 (062054)

Congratulations Nicole. I have a couple questions for you, or anyone else in that original group. How many treatments did you have, just one? How long did it take to be completely cured? And lastly, out of the original group, how many others are completely cured? Thanks in advance.

BCG

john h on 10/02/01 at 10:25 (062064)

nicole: i still look at the original ossatron gang picture. you guys were the pioneers. you are an inspiration because i remember you were really hurting. congrats.

Re: To Brian Good deal !!

Pauline on 10/02/01 at 14:39 (062076)

Brian,
I remember a woman from Tex. also posting that she was cured. She had only one treatment, the original free one, reported she had no more pain. I can't remember her name. Maybe she will see this and respond or another original Ossatron person will know who she is.

I think Scott fared pretty well too. I don't recall him ever saying he was totally cured though. You can ask him. Maybe he has kept in touch with all the original people and can post an update on the 'Pioneers'.

john h on 10/02/01 at 16:22 (062079)

i think stephanie must be feeling good although she has not said she is cured. she is always jerking my chain and seems to be laughing all the time so she must not be hurting to much. you get a sense about how our regulars our feeling by just watching their post. even when they do not say they are hurting it sort of comes through.

Stephanie S. on 10/02/01 at 21:02 (062115)

I dunno...are you ever 'really' cured....hmm...or is it that the pain is not as bad as before? I am not cured...although I am walking around and doing the things I once did before. I am no longer hobbling along and crawling to the restroom in the middle of the night. The pain is never at a zero..it's always there with me..I can always 'feel it'..it's achey most of the time but not unbareable. One step forward always seems to throw ya two steps back....I'll stand the wrong way, lean over the bathtub scrubbing dirty children and strain it...or like this weekend...tripping over the family dog. ( One I KNOW you so wish you could've seen John ! It was the fall of a lifetime..even I was laughing at that one)...but now I am hobbling on that one foot...wouldn't you know..I hit the bad foot !

I don't post as much as I read..I'm not really good with the words like the other regulars..but I do read often and I feel like I know most of you. I've had this for over nearly 3 years now ...it took me a year and a half to get to the level I am at now. I swear by the Birkenstock's..live in them daily..in the winter...I just add the socks!:)

Steph

Re: Thanks Steph

BrianG on 10/03/01 at 09:27 (062147)

Well, just from the original post, we have 1 cured and 2 (Steph and Scott) that are not cured, but are better. Not exactlly the odds I'd like to see, but at least everyone seems to be better so far. Does anyone speak with the other 4? I'm wondering if the others are the same, better, or worse? Do you original 7 still keep in touch? Thanks

BCG

john h on 10/03/01 at 09:56 (062150)

steph: you are rather extraordinary with words on IM!! Now, i wonder just how bold you are face to face? Scott, please tell us about steph as you are the only one who 'really' knows her. What happened to your buddy Steph who has PF but is afraid to post on the board?

Scott R on 10/03/01 at 11:05 (062154)

I don;t have any secrets to tell about Steph. She did not get the OssaTron that I know of. I didn't know she was afraid to post. maybe i said something one time jokingly. I don;t know what John and Brian are talking about. i'm confused. ya'll stop or i'm gonna add 'confusing webmaster' as one of the foulable offenses. she is bold enough to visit my house with all her children in tow. i have a pic of her and her husband on my refridgerator in between my brother's and sister's families because she left it over here and hasn't been back to pick it up. i'm gonna make up a story about the picture for when visitors are over here. hmmmm

john h on 10/03/01 at 13:53 (062163)

steph: why did you not tell us you have placed your picture on Scott's frig? you are a bit sneaky!

Re: Just an update-answers to questions

Nicole V.R. on 10/03/01 at 16:23 (062172)

To Brian G.:
I had only one Ossatron treatment. I'm not sure when I considered myself completely cured. I saw my last post to the board was a year ago, and I was in minor pain, that was 8 months after the treatment. I believe I healed fairly quickly after that, after all, I wasn't pregnant any more. No, the original Gang doesn't keep in touch (at least I don't).
To Steph S.:
If you can think back to before you ever had that first annoying pain in your heel and wondered if you should see the doctor, this is what I feel like. BEFORE the first pain, as if I never had it at all, and so I want to remind you and everyone that there is hope for this devastating disease, just hang in there and find what works for you. I had thought I was 'almost' cured for a long time, since my foot would remind me once in awhile that it was once injured, with minor aches or pains, but I can say with confidence that I am completely cured now. Of course, an Xray should show that I still have a heel spur, but I have no painful reminders of this. I DO still take care of my heels and use caution, knowing it could be reinjured if I'm careless.

Re: Thanks

BrianG on 10/04/01 at 08:46 (062208)

Thanks Nicole, there is hope for us yet. Take care of those feet, no relapses !!!!

BCG

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/04/01 at 21:10 (062265)

If I remember . Weren't from the Philadelphia area and knew Dr. Gorman. ?

Glad you are cured !!!

nancy s. on 10/02/01 at 02:36 (062039)

nicole! it's great to hear from you, and especially great to hear how well you're doing! every now and then i'd wondered about you....and this is the best news possible. thanks so much for letting us know, and congratulations.
nancy

Nicole on 10/02/01 at 08:54 (062050)

Nicole,
Glad to hear your news. That word 'cure' sure is music to everyone's ear here at heelspurs. Congratulations.

Re: Above post should have my name on it. Sorry

Pauline on 10/02/01 at 08:56 (062051)

Wrong name of poster.

Re: Good deal !!

BrianG on 10/02/01 at 09:14 (062054)

Congratulations Nicole. I have a couple questions for you, or anyone else in that original group. How many treatments did you have, just one? How long did it take to be completely cured? And lastly, out of the original group, how many others are completely cured? Thanks in advance.

BCG

john h on 10/02/01 at 10:25 (062064)

nicole: i still look at the original ossatron gang picture. you guys were the pioneers. you are an inspiration because i remember you were really hurting. congrats.

Pauline on 10/02/01 at 14:39 (062076)

Brian,
I remember a woman from Tex. also posting that she was cured. She had only one treatment, the original free one, reported she had no more pain. I can't remember her name. Maybe she will see this and respond or another original Ossatron person will know who she is.

I think Scott fared pretty well too. I don't recall him ever saying he was totally cured though. You can ask him. Maybe he has kept in touch with all the original people and can post an update on the 'Pioneers'.

john h on 10/02/01 at 16:22 (062079)

i think stephanie must be feeling good although she has not said she is cured. she is always jerking my chain and seems to be laughing all the time so she must not be hurting to much. you get a sense about how our regulars our feeling by just watching their post. even when they do not say they are hurting it sort of comes through.

Stephanie S. on 10/02/01 at 21:02 (062115)

I dunno...are you ever 'really' cured....hmm...or is it that the pain is not as bad as before? I am not cured...although I am walking around and doing the things I once did before. I am no longer hobbling along and crawling to the restroom in the middle of the night. The pain is never at a zero..it's always there with me..I can always 'feel it'..it's achey most of the time but not unbareable. One step forward always seems to throw ya two steps back....I'll stand the wrong way, lean over the bathtub scrubbing dirty children and strain it...or like this weekend...tripping over the family dog. ( One I KNOW you so wish you could've seen John ! It was the fall of a lifetime..even I was laughing at that one)...but now I am hobbling on that one foot...wouldn't you know..I hit the bad foot !

I don't post as much as I read..I'm not really good with the words like the other regulars..but I do read often and I feel like I know most of you. I've had this for over nearly 3 years now ...it took me a year and a half to get to the level I am at now. I swear by the Birkenstock's..live in them daily..in the winter...I just add the socks!:)

Steph

Re: Thanks Steph

BrianG on 10/03/01 at 09:27 (062147)

Well, just from the original post, we have 1 cured and 2 (Steph and Scott) that are not cured, but are better. Not exactlly the odds I'd like to see, but at least everyone seems to be better so far. Does anyone speak with the other 4? I'm wondering if the others are the same, better, or worse? Do you original 7 still keep in touch? Thanks

BCG

john h on 10/03/01 at 09:56 (062150)

steph: you are rather extraordinary with words on IM!! Now, i wonder just how bold you are face to face? Scott, please tell us about steph as you are the only one who 'really' knows her. What happened to your buddy Steph who has PF but is afraid to post on the board?

Scott R on 10/03/01 at 11:05 (062154)

I don;t have any secrets to tell about Steph. She did not get the OssaTron that I know of. I didn't know she was afraid to post. maybe i said something one time jokingly. I don;t know what John and Brian are talking about. i'm confused. ya'll stop or i'm gonna add 'confusing webmaster' as one of the foulable offenses. she is bold enough to visit my house with all her children in tow. i have a pic of her and her husband on my refridgerator in between my brother's and sister's families because she left it over here and hasn't been back to pick it up. i'm gonna make up a story about the picture for when visitors are over here. hmmmm

john h on 10/03/01 at 13:53 (062163)

steph: why did you not tell us you have placed your picture on Scott's frig? you are a bit sneaky!

Re: Just an update-answers to questions

Nicole V.R. on 10/03/01 at 16:23 (062172)

To Brian G.:
I had only one Ossatron treatment. I'm not sure when I considered myself completely cured. I saw my last post to the board was a year ago, and I was in minor pain, that was 8 months after the treatment. I believe I healed fairly quickly after that, after all, I wasn't pregnant any more. No, the original Gang doesn't keep in touch (at least I don't).
To Steph S.:
If you can think back to before you ever had that first annoying pain in your heel and wondered if you should see the doctor, this is what I feel like. BEFORE the first pain, as if I never had it at all, and so I want to remind you and everyone that there is hope for this devastating disease, just hang in there and find what works for you. I had thought I was 'almost' cured for a long time, since my foot would remind me once in awhile that it was once injured, with minor aches or pains, but I can say with confidence that I am completely cured now. Of course, an Xray should show that I still have a heel spur, but I have no painful reminders of this. I DO still take care of my heels and use caution, knowing it could be reinjured if I'm careless.

Re: Thanks

BrianG on 10/04/01 at 08:46 (062208)

Thanks Nicole, there is hope for us yet. Take care of those feet, no relapses !!!!

BCG

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/04/01 at 21:10 (062265)

If I remember . Weren't from the Philadelphia area and knew Dr. Gorman. ?

Glad you are cured !!!