Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT in NY/NJ?

Posted by Neil on 10/02/01 at 07:17 (062043)

I'm desperate to try ESWT. I have been living with severe heel pain for years now. I've had orthodics, injections, etc. None of it has worked of course. I live in northern NJ and have found the associates of Dr. Z. in Belleville. However, they are now charging $3500 for the procedure (both feet). I simply cannot afford this given it won't be covered by insurance. I see on this site that most people that have had it done have paid around $1875 and some people in Canada as little as $600. Does anyone know where in my area I might be able to get ESWT done at a more reasonable price that I can afford? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you don't wish to post an answer, please email me at ncontess@home.com Thanks!

Re: ESWT in NY/NJ?

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/02/01 at 16:56 (062086)

Included in this price is additional treatments that may be necessary. Make sure you compare apples to apples as they say. The previous pricing before the unit become mobile was $3000 for both feet. Sure wish we could reduce your costs but the expense to provide a mobile service is very costly . Maybe in the next year or two if the machine prices and parts etc come down prices will come down. ESWT via the orbasone is done in most cases without anesthesia or any hospitization.

Neil on 10/07/01 at 20:19 (062447)

I understand the fee includes follow up treatments. I assumed from all the posts I've seen that several treatments are necessary. But the prices many of your patients have paid according to this site is significantly less. I don't understand this. I thought I was comparing apples to apples? I decided to call my health insurance plan (United Healthcare) to inquire about coverage. They told me it is indeed covered as an 'out of network' provided service (from you). I asked what the R&C would be and they told me I needed the treatment code for them to tell me. Can you provide this to me so I can see how much of the $3500 would be covered? Do you have any experience with United Healthcare on this? Is it really covered?

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/02/01 at 16:56 (062086)

Included in this price is additional treatments that may be necessary. Make sure you compare apples to apples as they say. The previous pricing before the unit become mobile was $3000 for both feet. Sure wish we could reduce your costs but the expense to provide a mobile service is very costly . Maybe in the next year or two if the machine prices and parts etc come down prices will come down. ESWT via the orbasone is done in most cases without anesthesia or any hospitization.

Neil on 10/07/01 at 20:19 (062447)

I understand the fee includes follow up treatments. I assumed from all the posts I've seen that several treatments are necessary. But the prices many of your patients have paid according to this site is significantly less. I don't understand this. I thought I was comparing apples to apples? I decided to call my health insurance plan (United Healthcare) to inquire about coverage. They told me it is indeed covered as an 'out of network' provided service (from you). I asked what the R&C would be and they told me I needed the treatment code for them to tell me. Can you provide this to me so I can see how much of the $3500 would be covered? Do you have any experience with United Healthcare on this? Is it really covered?