Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

feet hurt

Posted by sakre97 on 10/02/01 at 14:14 (062073)

For about two years now I've had pain in my feet, and it seems to have worsened over the past 4 months. At first I put it off as the additional weight I gained due to pregnancy, but having lost all but 15 of the pounds, my feet are just killing me at the end of the day.
- Heel, arch, ball of the feet, and underside of the toes all hurt.
- The back of my heel is tender most of the time.
- massaging of foot seems to help, but does not make it do away.
- bearing down on my toes with my thumb feels good.
- flexing my feet help.
- the first few steps are definitely hard in the morning.
- am otherwise in good health, and am used to walking for 40min about 3 days a wk. During pregnancy, the pain used to be excruciating, but persisted getting exercise.
- soak in hot water did not help.

From what I've read, it seemed like PF, but almost the whole foot hurts, the only part that does not hurt is the outside of the feet.
Thanks.

Re: feet hurt

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/02/01 at 19:03 (062104)

Probably a good idea to get your feet checked by a professional who can sort out the causes and provide you with diagnoses. Too many areas of pain exist in order to attempt to speculate as to causes online.
Ed

Re: feet hurt

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/02/01 at 19:03 (062104)

Probably a good idea to get your feet checked by a professional who can sort out the causes and provide you with diagnoses. Too many areas of pain exist in order to attempt to speculate as to causes online.
Ed