Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Weak Hips and PF

Posted by Tammy M on 10/02/01 at 21:13 (062116)

I had my first physiotherapy appointment yesterday. My therapist seems to think I have 'uneven' hips, that they are in 'neutral' in an odd spot, and that the muscles in that area are very weak. She then taped my hips down thru my knees to position my legs and feet to a more inward position. She seems to think this may help my feet. Does this sound remotely familiar to you guys? When I was fitted for orthodics, he seemed to think my knees do not line up correctly with my feet. I feel like a freak!!! Oh, Dear, the things we go through! I left my physio visit so bandaged-up that I could not bend my legs to get in my car to drive home. ARGH!!!

Re: Weak Hips and PF

Pauline on 10/02/01 at 21:44 (062119)

Tammie,
My last physical therapist had a similar theory. Althought I didn't get the full treatment your describing, no tape, I was given a set of exercises to do to strengthen the muscles in the hip area.

After all I've spent and all the treatments I've been through I've come to the conclusion that everyone has a theory why my feet hurt and why I have P.F. Each person I believe had very good intentions, but none of them could provide proof that their particular theory would work. It was all a 'it could be, and let's try this' program.

That's what I think P.F. is. A let's try program to see if they can actually place blame on something and while these good hearted folks are trying their best to find something to blame, your body heals in it's own good time.

I don't know anyone that is aligned perfectly and by their theories any body part that deviates the slightest from the textbook must be the cause for your pain. I just don't buy into it.

I think you use your best judgment on their theories and decide whether to try their program for a while. When all is said and done, only you can be the judge as to whether their program is helping or causing more problems.
You keep what is good and discard what is bad and go on to try something else.

Re: Pauline

Tammie on 10/02/01 at 22:06 (062122)

I think u posted to the wrong Tammie heheh there are two of us ! But I know it is easy to do , just wanted to say this, I was reading recently posted messages and was wondering , why you were talking about pt to me heheh as I am not doing that yet. Then I went back and seen a Tammy posted a message. Just wanted to alert you to this. Thank u!

Re: To Tammie who spells her name like this.

Pauline on 10/03/01 at 12:52 (062161)

Sorry Tammie, it's easy to do with two of you Tammy and Tammie. You may find yourself reading more just because the names are easy to mix up. I'll do my best. I got my post in the right location, just the wrong spelling on the name.

Re: Weak Hips and PF

Pauline on 10/02/01 at 21:44 (062119)

Tammie,
My last physical therapist had a similar theory. Althought I didn't get the full treatment your describing, no tape, I was given a set of exercises to do to strengthen the muscles in the hip area.

After all I've spent and all the treatments I've been through I've come to the conclusion that everyone has a theory why my feet hurt and why I have P.F. Each person I believe had very good intentions, but none of them could provide proof that their particular theory would work. It was all a 'it could be, and let's try this' program.

That's what I think P.F. is. A let's try program to see if they can actually place blame on something and while these good hearted folks are trying their best to find something to blame, your body heals in it's own good time.

I don't know anyone that is aligned perfectly and by their theories any body part that deviates the slightest from the textbook must be the cause for your pain. I just don't buy into it.

I think you use your best judgment on their theories and decide whether to try their program for a while. When all is said and done, only you can be the judge as to whether their program is helping or causing more problems.
You keep what is good and discard what is bad and go on to try something else.

Re: Pauline

Tammie on 10/02/01 at 22:06 (062122)

I think u posted to the wrong Tammie heheh there are two of us ! But I know it is easy to do , just wanted to say this, I was reading recently posted messages and was wondering , why you were talking about pt to me heheh as I am not doing that yet. Then I went back and seen a Tammy posted a message. Just wanted to alert you to this. Thank u!

Re: To Tammie who spells her name like this.

Pauline on 10/03/01 at 12:52 (062161)

Sorry Tammie, it's easy to do with two of you Tammy and Tammie. You may find yourself reading more just because the names are easy to mix up. I'll do my best. I got my post in the right location, just the wrong spelling on the name.