Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

HELP AGAIN,Dr.Z!

Posted by Regina Brown on 10/04/01 at 18:29 (062243)

Hi,
I am in pain with this foot STILL,Dr.Z and it is hurting me terrible and I am perplexed as to what I should do or even try next! If I am placing my weight away from the inside of my foot from where I had this PF surgery,WHAT will help me remedy this!? You said it is called the laderal band I believe where my pain may be coming from?? I have been in bad pain and limping all day with this and my foot is so sore I can hardly walk well now.Should I ice my foot or what can I do to get some relief please.Thank you and Thank you again ever so much! Regina

Re: HELP AGAIN,Dr.Z!

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/04/01 at 21:04 (062263)

You have a very tough problem. I have used ESWT for treatment of the lateral band. This may be your only hope for pain relief. I beleive and you can correcct me if I am wrong that you have had a cam boot for this problem, steriod injections etc. How long has it been since the pf release
now. ESWT may be the next option for this terrible limping pain

Regina Brown on 10/04/01 at 22:04 (062268)

Thanks Dr.Z. for replying back to me.on the steroid injections,you are correct,I have had several before the release was done and just recently had a nerve block injection tried too but I have never worn a cam boot,would wearing one be helpful to try and should I ask my dr. about one? He has never mentioned me wearing one.I really have gotten more information from you at times than he about everything!It has been 5 months now since I had the release-would it might still be healing? I don't know if it might make a difference or not but I do walk alot now than I did at first!I also tried all the wrappings before the release too.I sure am getting discouraged at times and I want to Thank you immensely for all your help.
Regina

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/04/01 at 21:04 (062263)

You have a very tough problem. I have used ESWT for treatment of the lateral band. This may be your only hope for pain relief. I beleive and you can correcct me if I am wrong that you have had a cam boot for this problem, steriod injections etc. How long has it been since the pf release
now. ESWT may be the next option for this terrible limping pain

Regina Brown on 10/04/01 at 22:04 (062268)

Thanks Dr.Z. for replying back to me.on the steroid injections,you are correct,I have had several before the release was done and just recently had a nerve block injection tried too but I have never worn a cam boot,would wearing one be helpful to try and should I ask my dr. about one? He has never mentioned me wearing one.I really have gotten more information from you at times than he about everything!It has been 5 months now since I had the release-would it might still be healing? I don't know if it might make a difference or not but I do walk alot now than I did at first!I also tried all the wrappings before the release too.I sure am getting discouraged at times and I want to Thank you immensely for all your help.
Regina