Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

OssaTron Treatment

Posted by Emi H on 10/04/01 at 19:55 (062252)

I have had plantia facsiitis for about 4 years. 3 years ago I had 3 injections and was told tht no one should ever have more than 4 injections in a lifetime as it destroyes foot tissue. My insurance is turning me down for ossitron - orthopaedeic extracorporeal shock wave treatment because I have not had recent cortizone shots or the use of a cam walker, even though I have been sleeping with a night brace and a walking brace almost every day for the last 4 months. Is there any advice you can give me as to how to deal with this?

Re: OssaTron Treatment

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/04/01 at 20:58 (062262)

This is a very tough question to ask . Too many steriod injections can cause a rupture of the plantar fascia. The reason for your insurance company turning you down make no sense at all. You have a chronic problem that hasn't responsed to some form of what is called conservative treatment
I get so angry when insurance companies decide you is to receive and you shouldn't recieve ESWT treatment. So what to do. Where do you live.?

Re: OssaTron Treatment

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/04/01 at 20:58 (062262)

This is a very tough question to ask . Too many steriod injections can cause a rupture of the plantar fascia. The reason for your insurance company turning you down make no sense at all. You have a chronic problem that hasn't responsed to some form of what is called conservative treatment
I get so angry when insurance companies decide you is to receive and you shouldn't recieve ESWT treatment. So what to do. Where do you live.?