Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Phase 4 orthotics

Posted by Kathy W. on 10/05/01 at 07:17 (062275)

Has anyone ever tried these? My husband and I watched an infomercial last week about this product, and they SEEM to have incorporated the critical features of an orthotic (heel cup, heel elevation) and are much less expensive than the custom orthotics, which my insurance will not cover. I can't find anything about them on the web, and am hesitant to try them cold turkey after reading about all the bad orthotics out there. Any comments on the 'Phase 4 orthotics' would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Phase 4 orthotics

Richard, C.Ped on 10/05/01 at 09:00 (062281)

Hi Kathy..
Try using the search function to look for all the posts about these 'things'. I think you will find that the majority of professionals here do not think very highly of them.
Richard

JoAnn Fl on 10/05/01 at 09:55 (062292)

Here is the website: http://www.phase4orthotics.com/
I've heard they take a long time to get them to you. There is a whole thread about them at http://www.thathomesite.com its in the 'health' forum

QUANNIE on 10/05/01 at 16:36 (062326)

I tried them after watching the same infomercial and felt some relief. Then I tried the ones recommended on this site ($26) and liked them much better. They're more comfortable.

BG CPed on 10/05/01 at 17:56 (062335)

They are nothing special. They have no unique design features. The a decent pre made device that should cost $20. The nonsense commercial and the voodoo marketing make me ill. I would not support a company with such shady practices.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/06/01 at 10:47 (062372)

Well they helped my feet. I placed them in the closet and so long as they stay there they helped my feet feel great. Trying to make a joke. I had one patient that it actually caused her alot of foot pain .

Richard, C.Ped on 10/08/01 at 08:03 (062456)

Good joke Dr. Z. that sounded like something I would normally say. :-)
Richard

Jim on 10/08/01 at 10:15 (062465)

Hi,

I have tried several inserts including the PowerStep inserts. initally made my foot feel better. However, over time the arch portion of the insert caused both of my feet to hurt. I have a family member that also has the same problem, and he told me about Clark Active Air shoes. These shoes have made a major improvement in my walking pain. The Clarks Active Air shoe were expensive $180, but was worth every cent.

Jim

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/08/01 at 15:43 (062485)

The Phase 4 orthotics are an imitation of the Alznner devices--both sold with a lot of hype. The good thing about the Phase 4 is that, unlike the Alznner devices, they are sold at a reasonable price.
Ed

John L on 11/18/01 at 17:59 (064679)

You mention one you like better but don't say which it is...could you tell us

Thank you

Carol J. on 11/27/01 at 08:28 (065376)

I too was looking to purchase the Phase 4 orthotics when I came across some postings about them on the Internet. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the website. After reading these postings I think I will pass on the Phase 4's and try something else. The majority of the people that had ordered them had problems getting them shipped to them. It took upwards of about 2 months to get them even though the charges had already been placed on their charge cards.

The second problem that seemed to happen to quite a few people was that apparently they have some sort of 'free trial' offers that they try to sell you when you call to order the Orthotics. Even though they turned down these 'free offers' they still received items in the mail that were then placed on their credit cards. They also had a tremendous amount of trouble getting through to their customer service department to complain.

Those that actually received the orthotics said that it took several days for them to feel remotely comfortable. Some said that some pain went away but they caused pain in other parts of their feet.

I don't know about you but I don't need all this hassle on top of the foot pain I experience. I'll pass!

Richard, C.Ped on 10/05/01 at 09:00 (062281)

Hi Kathy..
Try using the search function to look for all the posts about these 'things'. I think you will find that the majority of professionals here do not think very highly of them.
Richard

JoAnn Fl on 10/05/01 at 09:55 (062292)

Here is the website: http://www.phase4orthotics.com/
I've heard they take a long time to get them to you. There is a whole thread about them at http://www.thathomesite.com its in the 'health' forum

QUANNIE on 10/05/01 at 16:36 (062326)

I tried them after watching the same infomercial and felt some relief. Then I tried the ones recommended on this site ($26) and liked them much better. They're more comfortable.

BG CPed on 10/05/01 at 17:56 (062335)

They are nothing special. They have no unique design features. The a decent pre made device that should cost $20. The nonsense commercial and the voodoo marketing make me ill. I would not support a company with such shady practices.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/06/01 at 10:47 (062372)

Well they helped my feet. I placed them in the closet and so long as they stay there they helped my feet feel great. Trying to make a joke. I had one patient that it actually caused her alot of foot pain .

Richard, C.Ped on 10/08/01 at 08:03 (062456)

Good joke Dr. Z. that sounded like something I would normally say. :-)
Richard

Jim on 10/08/01 at 10:15 (062465)

Hi,

I have tried several inserts including the PowerStep inserts. initally made my foot feel better. However, over time the arch portion of the insert caused both of my feet to hurt. I have a family member that also has the same problem, and he told me about Clark Active Air shoes. These shoes have made a major improvement in my walking pain. The Clarks Active Air shoe were expensive $180, but was worth every cent.

Jim

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/08/01 at 15:43 (062485)

The Phase 4 orthotics are an imitation of the Alznner devices--both sold with a lot of hype. The good thing about the Phase 4 is that, unlike the Alznner devices, they are sold at a reasonable price.
Ed

John L on 11/18/01 at 17:59 (064679)

You mention one you like better but don't say which it is...could you tell us

Thank you

Carol J. on 11/27/01 at 08:28 (065376)

I too was looking to purchase the Phase 4 orthotics when I came across some postings about them on the Internet. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the website. After reading these postings I think I will pass on the Phase 4's and try something else. The majority of the people that had ordered them had problems getting them shipped to them. It took upwards of about 2 months to get them even though the charges had already been placed on their charge cards.

The second problem that seemed to happen to quite a few people was that apparently they have some sort of 'free trial' offers that they try to sell you when you call to order the Orthotics. Even though they turned down these 'free offers' they still received items in the mail that were then placed on their credit cards. They also had a tremendous amount of trouble getting through to their customer service department to complain.

Those that actually received the orthotics said that it took several days for them to feel remotely comfortable. Some said that some pain went away but they caused pain in other parts of their feet.

I don't know about you but I don't need all this hassle on top of the foot pain I experience. I'll pass!