Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Alznner's support...pro/con?

Posted by Mahatmelissama on 10/05/01 at 12:37 (062305)

Hi, I just purchased these...the hard plastic heel inserts. I am having pain adjusting to them (sort of over-did wearing them
which made it worse).

Can people give me some feedback? I would really appreciate it and read anything you have to write.

Thanks.

Re: Alznner's support...pro/con?

Richard, C.Ped on 10/08/01 at 08:09 (062457)

As most people here may know...I am not a fan of those types of OTC orthotics. That said...putting support under your feet if you have never worn anything before, it will take time to adjust and get used to wearing them. You may want to cut back on your wearing time. Trust me...it is very easy to jump right into something new like this and over-do-it. I did when I first started wearing them.

Cut back on your time to maybe an hour a day and slowly increase. Your feet will let you know.

Another thing you need to do, if you have not already, is take out the insoles that came with the shoes before you place the new insoles inside.

Richard
USA!

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/08/01 at 15:41 (062484)

The Alznner devices are a prefabricated support. I use a number of prefabricated supports for individuals who do not have the need for custom made supports.

Unfortunately, the price being charged for the Alznner device is in the range of a custom made orthotic. It is sold by individuals who, to the best of my knowledge, have no professional training nor degrees. It appears to be sold via a 'hard sell' with everyone getting the same product irrespective of their needs or foot problems.
Ed

Janet S on 11/04/01 at 03:15 (064088)

Just how much are these Alznner's. I saw it on TV and no price was memtioned.

Doreen B on 11/06/01 at 11:37 (064231)

I visited a Good Feet store, since that's the only way to get them according to the info-mercial shown locally. The clear ones shown on TV were selling for $59, but they wouldn't sell me those. They said they wouldn't do anything for people with flat feet: that I needed the rigid plastic kind. They kept avoiding the issue of price, even when my husband and I directly asked several times. While we were still trying to find out what the price was, the sales person walked off, and another woman rang up the sale, for $239! Needless to say we walked, without the inserts. They may work for some people, but the price was awful, and one of my feet hurt for almost a week after having tried the silly things for about 5 minutes in the store.

Richard, C.Ped on 10/08/01 at 08:09 (062457)

As most people here may know...I am not a fan of those types of OTC orthotics. That said...putting support under your feet if you have never worn anything before, it will take time to adjust and get used to wearing them. You may want to cut back on your wearing time. Trust me...it is very easy to jump right into something new like this and over-do-it. I did when I first started wearing them.

Cut back on your time to maybe an hour a day and slowly increase. Your feet will let you know.

Another thing you need to do, if you have not already, is take out the insoles that came with the shoes before you place the new insoles inside.

Richard
USA!

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/08/01 at 15:41 (062484)

The Alznner devices are a prefabricated support. I use a number of prefabricated supports for individuals who do not have the need for custom made supports.

Unfortunately, the price being charged for the Alznner device is in the range of a custom made orthotic. It is sold by individuals who, to the best of my knowledge, have no professional training nor degrees. It appears to be sold via a 'hard sell' with everyone getting the same product irrespective of their needs or foot problems.
Ed

Janet S on 11/04/01 at 03:15 (064088)

Just how much are these Alznner's. I saw it on TV and no price was memtioned.

Doreen B on 11/06/01 at 11:37 (064231)

I visited a Good Feet store, since that's the only way to get them according to the info-mercial shown locally. The clear ones shown on TV were selling for $59, but they wouldn't sell me those. They said they wouldn't do anything for people with flat feet: that I needed the rigid plastic kind. They kept avoiding the issue of price, even when my husband and I directly asked several times. While we were still trying to find out what the price was, the sales person walked off, and another woman rang up the sale, for $239! Needless to say we walked, without the inserts. They may work for some people, but the price was awful, and one of my feet hurt for almost a week after having tried the silly things for about 5 minutes in the store.