Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT-Update

Posted by Jack W. on 10/06/01 at 11:21 (062376)

Recieved treatment one month ago for achilles calcific tendonitis. Inflamation remains significantly reduced, slight tenderness to the touch but not nearly as bad. Resumed running at a slow pace at the beginning of the fourth week. Had minimial discomfort during the runs (4 runs 5 miles each run). Felt nothing after each run but later in the evening felt a dull ache, not really pain. Would like to note that even before the first treatment the pain would set in after the run, not usually during unless I exceeded 7 or so miles, which I have not attempted to do yet. The throbbing that I experienced in the first couple of weeks has stopped. My right foot still feels different from the left (the good foot). In summary, I would say there has definately been some improvement but I still can't guage how much. Second treatment in two weeks and will post again at that time.

Re: ESWT-Update

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/06/01 at 12:39 (062385)

Hi

Good to hear that you are doing well. I am glad that we can
hook you up with Dr. Wishnie which is closer to your home.
Always available for any questions . You are going to find
Dr. Wishnie really tops. !!! Take care

Jack W. on 10/06/01 at 15:12 (062394)

Thanks doc. Will miss your smiliing face and great demeanor; will not miss the trip to Woodbury. While I have you, do you think it is wise to continue with ultrasound, heat, ice,and massage?

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/06/01 at 16:38 (062398)

No problem with doing any of these phyical therapy type treatments.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/06/01 at 12:39 (062385)

Hi

Good to hear that you are doing well. I am glad that we can
hook you up with Dr. Wishnie which is closer to your home.
Always available for any questions . You are going to find
Dr. Wishnie really tops. !!! Take care

Jack W. on 10/06/01 at 15:12 (062394)

Thanks doc. Will miss your smiliing face and great demeanor; will not miss the trip to Woodbury. While I have you, do you think it is wise to continue with ultrasound, heat, ice,and massage?

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/06/01 at 16:38 (062398)

No problem with doing any of these phyical therapy type treatments.