Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel spur.Laser therapy.

Posted by Rica S. on 10/07/01 at 07:29 (062418)

I'm repeating the question asked on 09.08.01 for which I did not receive an answer)

'I'm suffering from heel spur heel spur over one year. I used many recommended methods,like: rest,ice,heat,silicon inserted in shoes and lately,injections ( 3 times ) with cortisone,but all of them brought me only a temporary relief .
What is your opinion about Laser therapy ?
How often is to be performed ? Or not at all?
There is some recorded expierence with the Laser therapy?

Your answer will be very appreciated
Thanks

Rica '

Re: Heel spur.Laser therapy.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/07/01 at 07:54 (062420)

Hi,

I know that there are some forms of laser being used. I have no experience or opinion with this form of therapy for heel spur and or plantar fasciitis

I will tell you that I have had alot of experience with ESWT for the type of heel pain that you are describing. Have you considered or read about ESWT it is a non-invasive non surgical treatment that will avoid the complicatons that heel spur surgery can cause. So take a look at ESWT . Feel free to ask any questions. Sorry about my lack of experience with the laser therapy you are searching for

CatherineL on 10/09/01 at 14:04 (062550)

Hi Rica

Only a few of us on this board seem to have had the option of Laser therapy.

I had a half dozen treatments earlier this year (after olmost a year of other treatment).

The laser was wonderful. I felt nothing at all, but a few weeks after stopping the treatments, the pain was back. It helps when I go, but hasn't solved my problems.

They usually recommend 4-6 treatments. depending on the machine, mine were 7 minutes/foot. 1to2 x/week for a few weeks. I was also taping and taking vioxx. I also did not resume regular activit level.

Good luck
Catherine

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/07/01 at 07:54 (062420)

Hi,

I know that there are some forms of laser being used. I have no experience or opinion with this form of therapy for heel spur and or plantar fasciitis

I will tell you that I have had alot of experience with ESWT for the type of heel pain that you are describing. Have you considered or read about ESWT it is a non-invasive non surgical treatment that will avoid the complicatons that heel spur surgery can cause. So take a look at ESWT . Feel free to ask any questions. Sorry about my lack of experience with the laser therapy you are searching for

CatherineL on 10/09/01 at 14:04 (062550)

Hi Rica

Only a few of us on this board seem to have had the option of Laser therapy.

I had a half dozen treatments earlier this year (after olmost a year of other treatment).

The laser was wonderful. I felt nothing at all, but a few weeks after stopping the treatments, the pain was back. It helps when I go, but hasn't solved my problems.

They usually recommend 4-6 treatments. depending on the machine, mine were 7 minutes/foot. 1to2 x/week for a few weeks. I was also taping and taking vioxx. I also did not resume regular activit level.

Good luck
Catherine