Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ossatron policy by Blue Cross /Blue Shield.

Posted by Dr. Zuckeman on 10/09/01 at 19:53 (062576)

http://medpolicy.bluecrossca.com/policies/other/ESW_treatment_plantar_fasciitis.htm

I have no idea if this is up to date but I found this surfing. Interesting

Re: Ossatron policy by Blue Cross /Blue Shield.

GailB on 10/10/01 at 06:53 (062616)

Dr. Z,
I am waiting for BCBS to approve EWS treatment. My orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Jeff Herring, at the Tennessee Orthopedic Alliance in Nashville TN uses the Ossatron Machine. His nurse told me mine is the first claim they have filed with BCBS. I hope this information is not current...I have high hopes of this working,but I can not pay for it if insurance will not cover it. Thanks for your interest.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/10/01 at 14:07 (062662)

Hi,

I hope this is old. It was dated May 2001

Re: do you have any comment on that double-blind study?

elliott on 10/11/01 at 13:08 (062745)

It claims no difference in patient's pain level to that of a placebo.

Jen I. on 10/13/01 at 13:59 (062929)

Gail:

I had Ossatron ESWT in Michigan, in August and I am with Messa Blue Cross/Blue Shield. They covered the treatment in full. Just thought I would let you know.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/13/01 at 16:46 (062932)

Great,

How about sending the explanation of medical benefit to Scott at heelspurs.com so that he can post the EOB for the benefits of patients.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/13/01 at 19:24 (062940)

Actually the presentation to the FDA and their acceptance that there was significant improvement in pain reduction is why the ossatron received FDA Class three approval. . So it is my understanding that they did prove significantly that the reduction in pain levels was dramatic compared to the placebo's

Gail on 10/19/01 at 16:22 (063303)

I have bcbs Traditional they only cover Federal and yours as far as I can find out..GG who did you surgery where you happy how much

GailB on 10/10/01 at 06:53 (062616)

Dr. Z,
I am waiting for BCBS to approve EWS treatment. My orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Jeff Herring, at the Tennessee Orthopedic Alliance in Nashville TN uses the Ossatron Machine. His nurse told me mine is the first claim they have filed with BCBS. I hope this information is not current...I have high hopes of this working,but I can not pay for it if insurance will not cover it. Thanks for your interest.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/10/01 at 14:07 (062662)

Hi,

I hope this is old. It was dated May 2001

elliott on 10/11/01 at 13:08 (062745)

It claims no difference in patient's pain level to that of a placebo.

Jen I. on 10/13/01 at 13:59 (062929)

Gail:

I had Ossatron ESWT in Michigan, in August and I am with Messa Blue Cross/Blue Shield. They covered the treatment in full. Just thought I would let you know.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/13/01 at 16:46 (062932)

Great,

How about sending the explanation of medical benefit to Scott at heelspurs.com so that he can post the EOB for the benefits of patients.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/13/01 at 19:24 (062940)

Actually the presentation to the FDA and their acceptance that there was significant improvement in pain reduction is why the ossatron received FDA Class three approval. . So it is my understanding that they did prove significantly that the reduction in pain levels was dramatic compared to the placebo's

Gail on 10/19/01 at 16:22 (063303)

I have bcbs Traditional they only cover Federal and yours as far as I can find out..GG who did you surgery where you happy how much