Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain on top of foot

Posted by Ruth on 10/09/01 at 20:57 (062585)

I have been experiencing pain on the top of my foot most of the time when I am sitting not standing. I usually have to take my shoe off it hurts so bad. It feels like my shoes are tied to tight however they are loose. I had an e-ray and was told I have a heel spur. I don't understand why it would hurt the top of my foot though not the bottom. I was given vioxx and sent on my way. It's been a month and still the same pain maybe a little less with the vioxx. Please help ......Thnaks a bunch my foot thanks you also...

Re: Pain on top of foot

Dr.PeterW on 10/10/01 at 10:12 (062627)

Dear Ruth,

I don't understand either. Did he examine your whole foot? Is the heel painful? Did he check for a neuroma (pinched nerve)? Is there pain when you get up in the morning or after rest?

Sincerely,
Dr.PW

Ruth G on 10/11/01 at 22:05 (062804)

Actually he taped my foot but it came off the same night when I took off my socks. He gave me vioxx and sent me on my way, said he doesn't inject when it's painful on top. I don't want to keep taking pills they don't get to the cause. I also wear orthotics in my shoes for about 10 years, I took them out today and bought new balance sneakers and foot feels better so far. Could it be that the orthotic is raising my instep to far and not enough room in the shoes? Thanks for the help Ruth

Ruth G on 10/11/01 at 22:12 (062805)

I don't have much pain in the morning, I also don't have alot during the day sometimes I do but not usually. Most of the time the pain is when I am sitting, like at the movie s or maybe driving I have to take off my shoe it hurts so bad. It feels like my shoes are tied to tight but they aren't they are loose. Thanks, Ruth

Dr.PeterW on 10/10/01 at 10:12 (062627)

Dear Ruth,

I don't understand either. Did he examine your whole foot? Is the heel painful? Did he check for a neuroma (pinched nerve)? Is there pain when you get up in the morning or after rest?

Sincerely,
Dr.PW

Ruth G on 10/11/01 at 22:05 (062804)

Actually he taped my foot but it came off the same night when I took off my socks. He gave me vioxx and sent me on my way, said he doesn't inject when it's painful on top. I don't want to keep taking pills they don't get to the cause. I also wear orthotics in my shoes for about 10 years, I took them out today and bought new balance sneakers and foot feels better so far. Could it be that the orthotic is raising my instep to far and not enough room in the shoes? Thanks for the help Ruth

Ruth G on 10/11/01 at 22:12 (062805)

I don't have much pain in the morning, I also don't have alot during the day sometimes I do but not usually. Most of the time the pain is when I am sitting, like at the movie s or maybe driving I have to take off my shoe it hurts so bad. It feels like my shoes are tied to tight but they aren't they are loose. Thanks, Ruth