Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My trip

Posted by Barbara TX on 10/09/01 at 22:06 (062591)

I am keeping up with the foot bretheren by reading, trying to spare the wrists. Visit to NJ very good... wonderful to see Dr. Z and his swank RV, my buddies John, Judy, Roxanne and Denise and Denise's dad Phil, who helped to hold my foot on the Orbasone. We did another shock to the post surgery foot, and another to the neuroma - I was happily spared surgery, a nice surprise that all the foot bretheren assembled voted on and passed. I took my shocks in style, with some white wine procured by Mr. John H, and chocolates from Judy. I was spoiled in the extreme, and then was treated to lovely dinner by John, and he even let Judy come on our date as well. Doors were opened, chairs were pulled out, and a good time was had by all.

Nancy joined us the next day at Dr. Z's bearing gifts for all (Shoo-fly pie and glasses from her prep-school) and Judy gave out her homemade soaps that were lovely and beautiful to smell - she even brought some in animal shapes for my children. Nancy shared a room with me, and we solved all of the world's problems by 1:30 am.

So much more happened, but wrists hate typing. Traveling is really awfull now - lines, cancelled flights - the inconvenience is extreme. My wonderful friends actually did the impossible and made the trip a pleasure. Thanks all.

Boy howdy, that John H is one suave dude. Dick Cheney, look out! B.

Re: My trip

Suzanne D on 10/09/01 at 22:12 (062593)

So glad to hear about your great trip, Barbara! I am hoping the treatments you received will bring healing relief and progress! Rest your wrists and know that we are thinking of you! Best wishes for brighter days ahead... :-)

nancy s. on 10/10/01 at 04:18 (062610)

ah, finally some real details. thanks, barb! i wish i could have heard you and nancy n solve the world's problems by 1:30 a.m. That *had* to be fascinating.
as for dick cheney, and john's challenge of him for your heart, you know who i'd pick -- john h takes the cake in my book!
can't remember now where i saw this, but you might want to consider: someone was describing a dull date, and she said, 'imagine dick cheney -- without the power.'
now i hope i didn't put a dent in any of your dreams. hang on to those no matter what i say, or anyone else for that matter.
it must have been quite a relief to avoid surgery by surprise -- i'm glad for you -- keep us posted on how you're doing, ok?
nancy

Steve P on 10/10/01 at 16:51 (062674)

Hey Barb -- Good to hear from you! I called Dr. Z's that day & talked briefly to Judy S & John H. You were getting zapped at the time, or I would have talked to you too. (BTW, I did cast an absentee ballot for your ESWT in case you were wondering.)

I was going to ask you if you got your Dick Cheney poster the same place I got my Hillary Clinton poster.

Yeah, right. :-O

Steve

john h on 10/10/01 at 18:42 (062682)

darn! am i compteting with dick cheney for barb's heart? i got the power barb! i got the power! forget the cheney guy. what ever hapened to barb and scott? they were exchanging poetry the last i saw.

Nancy N on 10/10/01 at 19:11 (062685)

John--

I think that the Barb/Scott thing was largely unrequited for Scott. Poor Barb has been totally taken in by DC, despite my efforts to get her looking into greener pastures (West Wing premiere tonight, in less than an hour, Barb!!).

Now that DC is back in his 'secret bunker' Barb is probably just beside herself... So, my friend, if you have any ability to cure her, it's entirely up to you!

nancy s. on 10/10/01 at 19:20 (062689)

my own personal suspicion is that dc's secret bunker is probably not far from barb's house, considering her (geographical) state and all. stay alert, barb!

Barbara TX on 10/11/01 at 08:47 (062726)

It's the power that is the attraction, its true. That is the reason that I keep drifting back to NJ - Dr. Z is in control of more voltage than anyone else I know.

However... Scott did have a 'nuclear incident' recently. That too is attractive. Now if he actually held a stick of uranium in his bare hands, it would really get my attention. B.

Barbara TX on 10/11/01 at 08:51 (062727)

Steve - thanks for the ballot! I was indeed getting zapped as you called. Thanks for your well-wishes, and gie Judy my best. B.

Re: My trip ,you have a way

Tammie on 10/11/01 at 08:55 (062728)

I must say I have enjoyed this chuckle today which is a rainy dark day. Thinking of all that 'power' ooh it could make it brighter for sure.
You sure are brave to find that attractive heheh, I prefer shadowy things and more quiet not so much noticable voltage .I do hope you are felling better and that the pain is lessoning.

Barbara TX on 10/11/01 at 09:00 (062730)

Rainy here today too, Tammie. Hope you are getting better as well. It is a long hard road! B.

Suzanne D on 10/09/01 at 22:12 (062593)

So glad to hear about your great trip, Barbara! I am hoping the treatments you received will bring healing relief and progress! Rest your wrists and know that we are thinking of you! Best wishes for brighter days ahead... :-)

nancy s. on 10/10/01 at 04:18 (062610)

ah, finally some real details. thanks, barb! i wish i could have heard you and nancy n solve the world's problems by 1:30 a.m. That *had* to be fascinating.
as for dick cheney, and john's challenge of him for your heart, you know who i'd pick -- john h takes the cake in my book!
can't remember now where i saw this, but you might want to consider: someone was describing a dull date, and she said, 'imagine dick cheney -- without the power.'
now i hope i didn't put a dent in any of your dreams. hang on to those no matter what i say, or anyone else for that matter.
it must have been quite a relief to avoid surgery by surprise -- i'm glad for you -- keep us posted on how you're doing, ok?
nancy

Steve P on 10/10/01 at 16:51 (062674)

Hey Barb -- Good to hear from you! I called Dr. Z's that day & talked briefly to Judy S & John H. You were getting zapped at the time, or I would have talked to you too. (BTW, I did cast an absentee ballot for your ESWT in case you were wondering.)

I was going to ask you if you got your Dick Cheney poster the same place I got my Hillary Clinton poster.

Yeah, right. :-O

Steve

john h on 10/10/01 at 18:42 (062682)

darn! am i compteting with dick cheney for barb's heart? i got the power barb! i got the power! forget the cheney guy. what ever hapened to barb and scott? they were exchanging poetry the last i saw.

Nancy N on 10/10/01 at 19:11 (062685)

John--

I think that the Barb/Scott thing was largely unrequited for Scott. Poor Barb has been totally taken in by DC, despite my efforts to get her looking into greener pastures (West Wing premiere tonight, in less than an hour, Barb!!).

Now that DC is back in his 'secret bunker' Barb is probably just beside herself... So, my friend, if you have any ability to cure her, it's entirely up to you!

nancy s. on 10/10/01 at 19:20 (062689)

my own personal suspicion is that dc's secret bunker is probably not far from barb's house, considering her (geographical) state and all. stay alert, barb!

Barbara TX on 10/11/01 at 08:47 (062726)

It's the power that is the attraction, its true. That is the reason that I keep drifting back to NJ - Dr. Z is in control of more voltage than anyone else I know.

However... Scott did have a 'nuclear incident' recently. That too is attractive. Now if he actually held a stick of uranium in his bare hands, it would really get my attention. B.

Barbara TX on 10/11/01 at 08:51 (062727)

Steve - thanks for the ballot! I was indeed getting zapped as you called. Thanks for your well-wishes, and gie Judy my best. B.

Tammie on 10/11/01 at 08:55 (062728)

I must say I have enjoyed this chuckle today which is a rainy dark day. Thinking of all that 'power' ooh it could make it brighter for sure.
You sure are brave to find that attractive heheh, I prefer shadowy things and more quiet not so much noticable voltage .I do hope you are felling better and that the pain is lessoning.

Barbara TX on 10/11/01 at 09:00 (062730)

Rainy here today too, Tammie. Hope you are getting better as well. It is a long hard road! B.