Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tarsal tunnel syndrome/ burning bottom of heel pain/ pulling on inner middle of bottom foot/ all on left foot

Posted by Vicki S on 10/09/01 at 23:58 (062599)

Dear Dr.

I am a nurse, I work/walk the floor of a hospital. I had numbness/tingling in my left foot, radiating across my toes. I twisted my ankle several times. I just could not figure out why I was being so clumbsy, in twisting my ankle. Anyway, I developed extreme heel pain, at this point I went to a Dr. and my diagnosis was 'TTS'. He performed surgery for a TTS release/ the numbness, tingling seems to be diminishing but I still have severe heel pain. Now, when I first was put on 'a no work schedule do to my injury, I applied for what is known as 'Family medical leave act, however, I was told that I would probably quality for Workers compensation. My questions are: would you have any idea as to what is going on with my heel? And do people with TTS quality for Workers compensation? I sure would appreciate your opinion. P.S. this is my first job in 20 years and I walked all the time while I was working, can this be the reason of my TTS. Is TTS like Carpel tunnel syndrome--Over use of foot???

Sincerely,

my email is: babydollnurse@yahoo.com

Re: tarsal tunnel syndrome/ burning bottom of heel pain/ pulling on inner middle of bottom foot/ all on left foot

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/10/01 at 15:46 (062667)

Hi,

Sound like you have two parts to your problem. The second being plantar fasciitis.. Was there any pf release done. What is your doctor plan at this point and time. Over use of the foot will cause plantar fasciitis and or heel spur pain

Re: tarsal tunnel syndrome/ burning bottom of heel pain/ pulling on inner middle of bottom foot/ all on left foot

Dennis M on 10/14/01 at 10:25 (062964)

Sounds like mine is similar. Had TTS surgery on right foot several years ago. Now there is no pain, just tightness that is eliminated somewhat with daily stretching. In March 01 had TTS surgery on left foot but I see no success at all. Surgeon did surgery and said there was nothing else he could do. Sent me to physical therapist who worked with me on stretching, orthodics, and a stretching device to put on my foot/ankle if sitting for an hour or so. Have seen limited benefits. I get out of bed in the morning limping in pain. Any ideas on next step, if any.

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/10/01 at 15:46 (062667)

Hi,

Sound like you have two parts to your problem. The second being plantar fasciitis.. Was there any pf release done. What is your doctor plan at this point and time. Over use of the foot will cause plantar fasciitis and or heel spur pain

Dennis M on 10/14/01 at 10:25 (062964)

Sounds like mine is similar. Had TTS surgery on right foot several years ago. Now there is no pain, just tightness that is eliminated somewhat with daily stretching. In March 01 had TTS surgery on left foot but I see no success at all. Surgeon did surgery and said there was nothing else he could do. Sent me to physical therapist who worked with me on stretching, orthodics, and a stretching device to put on my foot/ankle if sitting for an hour or so. Have seen limited benefits. I get out of bed in the morning limping in pain. Any ideas on next step, if any.