Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Disability due to severe PF

Posted by Gail B. on 10/10/01 at 07:04 (062617)

This site has been a wonderful source of information and comfort to know I am amongst wonderful people. Too bad we all have foot pain! In the perfect world...

I have had history of PF for 5 years, the L. foot is pain free, after an open surgery release 3 years go. The R. foot is a mess. Thanks to laser PF release that went bad and having been broken twice (what a clutz I am). I am now waiting for my insurance to hopefully approve ESWT for my right foot which is a mess. I have had to quit work. I can't even go to the grocery to shop for my family anymore,not to mention standing in line. My doctor reccommended I get a handicapped parking permit, this has been very helpful.

Friends and family think I should check into disability until I can function normally again.

HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF ANYONE HAVING FILED FOR DISABILITY FOR PF?

I appreciate all of you for your posts and support of this site.

Thanks in advance!

GOD BLESS

Re: Disability due to severe PF

Janet C. on 10/10/01 at 10:33 (062633)

Yes, I received one year of Disability payments when I was first unable to continue working. (Five years ago now!) I am now receiving Work. Comp. benefits, but my case is still pending.
Best Wishes,
~Janet

Valerie S on 10/10/01 at 12:24 (062645)

I am also using a disability plan that was provided by my employer. I have been off work for 7 months. If you are not working, you may not have this insurance coverage. If your PF was caused or irritated by your work, you may be able to file a workman's comp claim. Right now, the disability insurance company is requiring me to file for Social Security Disability... you might want to start there, if neither disability or workmen's comp apply to you right now. Social Security may also have some more resources for you to check into.

Good luck to you.

My email is valerah @ yahoo . com I you would like any more input from my experiences. (no spaces in the email...)

I hope you can get some answers soon.

Val.

Gail B on 10/11/01 at 11:22 (062741)

Thanks for the info....

I am not employed and therefore no workman's comp involved...or disability through an employer.

I worked full time until a few years ago when I decided to be a mom fulltime....mom of four teenagers!

I will check with the Social Security office and go from there.

THANKS for you help and the support of this website!!!

Janet C. on 10/10/01 at 10:33 (062633)

Yes, I received one year of Disability payments when I was first unable to continue working. (Five years ago now!) I am now receiving Work. Comp. benefits, but my case is still pending.
Best Wishes,
~Janet

Valerie S on 10/10/01 at 12:24 (062645)

I am also using a disability plan that was provided by my employer. I have been off work for 7 months. If you are not working, you may not have this insurance coverage. If your PF was caused or irritated by your work, you may be able to file a workman's comp claim. Right now, the disability insurance company is requiring me to file for Social Security Disability... you might want to start there, if neither disability or workmen's comp apply to you right now. Social Security may also have some more resources for you to check into.

Good luck to you.

My email is valerah @ yahoo . com I you would like any more input from my experiences. (no spaces in the email...)

I hope you can get some answers soon.

Val.

Gail B on 10/11/01 at 11:22 (062741)

Thanks for the info....

I am not employed and therefore no workman's comp involved...or disability through an employer.

I worked full time until a few years ago when I decided to be a mom fulltime....mom of four teenagers!

I will check with the Social Security office and go from there.

THANKS for you help and the support of this website!!!