Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is massage okay?

Posted by RitaZ on 10/10/01 at 22:03 (062708)

I'm new here and I've not run across any information on massage. In the past several days I've been doing my stretching exercises, wearing my athletic shoes and taping when it really gets bad (which is most of the time). Tonight I got a wild hair and decided to try something. I got out my wicked back massager. It has a turbo speed that will rattle your teeth. It is rounded and I rested my foot on it and moved it around for about 10 minutes. So far, this is my first pain-free moment in 2 months. I can walk without a limp or a curse word. Will I regret this in the morning? Can it do any harm? Thanks for any info.

Rita

Re: Is massage okay?

Carmel M on 10/11/01 at 13:24 (062749)

Hi Rita,
I'm gonna have to try that! I too have a back massager that would rattle teeth!

I guess massage can break up scar tissue to help the healing process, so let me know how it turns out for you.

You might want to post other questions on a different section of this board like Ask The Doctors or Treatments/Symptoms/Products board. This perticular area is for heelspurs.com messages related to the web site itself, or if you need to contact the web master, Scott.

Take care.
Carmel

RitaZ on 10/11/01 at 22:40 (062810)

Oops, sorry. Didn't realize I was in the wrong place *blush* But, the good news is the massage is helping alot. I had to walk home this morning after dropping my truck off at the dealership for repair. I didn't even hobble!

Rita

pam on 11/09/01 at 16:33 (064534)

I have got to tell you. When I go to bed at night and my feet still kill me even lying down, if my husband gives me a foot massage it helps tremendiously. So yes, massage is great!

Jane S on 11/09/01 at 22:14 (064572)

My phsyical therapist does meassage on my feet right after ultrasound. And it helps. :)

Carmel M on 10/11/01 at 13:24 (062749)

Hi Rita,
I'm gonna have to try that! I too have a back massager that would rattle teeth!

I guess massage can break up scar tissue to help the healing process, so let me know how it turns out for you.

You might want to post other questions on a different section of this board like Ask The Doctors or Treatments/Symptoms/Products board. This perticular area is for heelspurs.com messages related to the web site itself, or if you need to contact the web master, Scott.

Take care.
Carmel

RitaZ on 10/11/01 at 22:40 (062810)

Oops, sorry. Didn't realize I was in the wrong place *blush* But, the good news is the massage is helping alot. I had to walk home this morning after dropping my truck off at the dealership for repair. I didn't even hobble!

Rita

pam on 11/09/01 at 16:33 (064534)

I have got to tell you. When I go to bed at night and my feet still kill me even lying down, if my husband gives me a foot massage it helps tremendiously. So yes, massage is great!

Jane S on 11/09/01 at 22:14 (064572)

My phsyical therapist does meassage on my feet right after ultrasound. And it helps. :)