Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

concerning foot pain,Dr.Z

Posted by Regina on 10/10/01 at 22:48 (062710)

Hi,
Considering the fact that you answered my plea for help the other day,I thought I would tell you that I did make a visit to my dr.and talked with him about the walking boot,etc.but was told that it was for a more recent surgery than I had.I am 5 mos.post-op.Anyway,the suggestion he made was for me to acquire orthotics as my foot is pretty pronated.He also found a gangelion cyst between my little toe and the toe next to it and gave me an injection for that.It was real painful when he pressed down onto the toes too.My foot seems to have eased somewhat from the pain I was having since the injection.Can these cysts cause one's foot to hurt really bad and do you think orthotics may really help me? Thanks alot.Regina

Re: concerning foot pain,Dr.Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/11/01 at 15:46 (062760)

Yes a ganglionic cyst can cause pain. If you felt better after the injection this just may be the beginning to your solution. Orthosis can be very helpful post pf surgery. This is something that only your treating doctor can determine if you do need them. Proper shoe support and orthosis
have helpled many patients in the right situation. This may sound very general but your doctor is going to have to make this call

Re: concerning foot pain,Dr.Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/11/01 at 15:46 (062760)

Yes a ganglionic cyst can cause pain. If you felt better after the injection this just may be the beginning to your solution. Orthosis can be very helpful post pf surgery. This is something that only your treating doctor can determine if you do need them. Proper shoe support and orthosis
have helpled many patients in the right situation. This may sound very general but your doctor is going to have to make this call