Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Running with PF

Posted by Mitch on 10/11/01 at 16:00 (062763)

I have had heel pain (PF) for several years and was recently diagnosed with a heel spur in the left foot. I have undergone all of the conservative treatments ( orthotics, injections, vioxx .) with very little success. I am considering E.S. W.T. I was a competitive marathon runner until recently. Based on your experience does ESWT have the potential of allowing a person with chronic PF to resume a truely active life, i.e. running etc.?

Re: Running with PF

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/11/01 at 17:16 (062782)

Absolutely !!!. Not only my experience but there are professional that undergo ESWT just for that specific reason. Get back to sports without the risk of undergoing foot surgery. It truely is the non-invasive cure for pf

Re: Running with PF

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/11/01 at 17:16 (062782)

Absolutely !!!. Not only my experience but there are professional that undergo ESWT just for that specific reason. Get back to sports without the risk of undergoing foot surgery. It truely is the non-invasive cure for pf