Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Apology for Dr. Ed

Posted by Don D on 10/12/01 at 05:35 (062815)

Dr. Ed I am sorry for not asking you to review my post on 101101 at 5:20. I only asked Dr. Zuckerman and I left you out. Would you please read it and reply? Talked to my neurosurgeon yesterday about the listed question and he said my lumbar area was fine, and that the next area upward, thorax I believe, would not be able to cause my symptoms. Do you agree? Thank You.

Re: Apology for Dr. Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/12/01 at 14:45 (062867)

Don:

I tend to believe that your podiatrist is correct based on what you have described so far. I do like to see nerve conduction velocity test results confirming tarsal tunnel syndrome though. I happen to have a phenomenal electromyographer locally who can provide me with highly reliable test results (Dr. Mohammad Saeed of Tacoma, WA). That is not always the case in other areas so surgeons will proceed with surgery in the absence of positive EMG results. Also, if structures pressing on the post. tibial nerve can be confirmed, often via MRI, that would be reason to go forward with such a procedure.
Ed

Re: Apology for Dr. Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/12/01 at 14:45 (062867)

Don:

I tend to believe that your podiatrist is correct based on what you have described so far. I do like to see nerve conduction velocity test results confirming tarsal tunnel syndrome though. I happen to have a phenomenal electromyographer locally who can provide me with highly reliable test results (Dr. Mohammad Saeed of Tacoma, WA). That is not always the case in other areas so surgeons will proceed with surgery in the absence of positive EMG results. Also, if structures pressing on the post. tibial nerve can be confirmed, often via MRI, that would be reason to go forward with such a procedure.
Ed