Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

results of MRI and a question for anyone

Posted by Stephanie A on 10/12/01 at 07:13 (062818)

MY results of MRI was that it was not a fracture.......read my previous post if you don't recall..........The MRI showed fluid between the 2nd & 3rd and 3rd & 4th metatarsals and the cubiod in the joint and also some fluid near a tendon that runs along the inside of my foot near my surgical scar from the nerve release. There is about an 1/2 cc in each of the three areas. The doctor said this would cause the pain, he put a numbing med into the area with a shot.....ouch it hurt, He said it should go numb a dull the pain if he got it in the right area, he also put me on Mobic, well it hurt for awhile then went numb for about 5 hours then the pain was really bad, he said it would be because he put 1 cc in the area and with what was already in there I would feel alot of pressure. But it feels better today. Still pain but a little better than before. My questions is He could not tell me what or why the fluid is there because the report said it was unspecified. Does anyone know what it could be and why it is there? Could it be more than just inflammation? I did have infection after surgury in the incision sights could this be related? Any answers would be great. Thanks

Re: results of MRI and a question for anyone

SonnyK on 10/15/01 at 10:01 (063002)

When I had my TTS surgery on August 17, my ortho said he found fluid there too. He said he was concerned about it.....said something about Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have had swelling and pain since my surgery and I am wondering if the fluid is back.

Stephanie A on 10/16/01 at 12:56 (063080)

SonnyK,
I also had swelling after my surgery, I think this is normal, The tissues do take awhile to heal.I had to keep my foot up almost constantly and ice it alot and sometimes still do. Where is your swelling and pain?
I am 5 months post-op and have had alot of things going on in that foot. Right now I am trying to wear my shoe after all of it in hopes to return to work this Thursday, but I have wore them with and without the custom orthotics, there is pain and more swelling both ways but in different spots, I think it is better without them. I return to the doctor tommorrow and I will ask him about Rheumatiod Arthritis. Thanks for the info. Good Luck in your recovery.
Steph

SonnyK on 10/15/01 at 10:01 (063002)

When I had my TTS surgery on August 17, my ortho said he found fluid there too. He said he was concerned about it.....said something about Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have had swelling and pain since my surgery and I am wondering if the fluid is back.

Stephanie A on 10/16/01 at 12:56 (063080)

SonnyK,
I also had swelling after my surgery, I think this is normal, The tissues do take awhile to heal.I had to keep my foot up almost constantly and ice it alot and sometimes still do. Where is your swelling and pain?
I am 5 months post-op and have had alot of things going on in that foot. Right now I am trying to wear my shoe after all of it in hopes to return to work this Thursday, but I have wore them with and without the custom orthotics, there is pain and more swelling both ways but in different spots, I think it is better without them. I return to the doctor tommorrow and I will ask him about Rheumatiod Arthritis. Thanks for the info. Good Luck in your recovery.
Steph