Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birkenstocks

Posted by PatC on 10/12/01 at 09:43 (062823)

After reading how many of you love Birkenstock I finally decided to try them. It is beginning to get cold here in Las Vegas so I bought the Bostons for the fall and winter. They feel really comfortable, but I feel all kinds of muscles in my feet and legs that I didn't know I had. My question is, how long does it usually take to get use to them?

Re: Birkenstocks

nancy s. on 10/12/01 at 10:29 (062832)

hi pat,
i have the boston Birkenstock also, because it gets pretty cold up here in maine too!
my feet loved them right away. i think it took between 1 and 2 weeks for them to adjust completely. take breaks from wearing them for the first week or two, and increase your time in them gradually. i think it takes some people longer than it took me to adjust to them, so don't worry if it takes you a bit longer. sounds like they're going to do you good, though. Birkenstock were the first thing that made a huge difference in my foot problems -- and it took me eight months to discover them, via heelspurs.com.
good luck to you.
nancy

PatC on 10/12/01 at 11:50 (062849)

Thanks Nancy. I must say that I have been walking around the house picking things up and doing a little laundry and do not have any pain or swelling.
After my daughter and grandkids were here for five days and I was on my feet more than usual I was in agony and felt like I would never make any progress. I'm hoping the shoes along with stretching, viox and icing do the trick. Thanks again for responding. This site has been a life saver.

nancy s. on 10/12/01 at 10:29 (062832)

hi pat,
i have the boston Birkenstock also, because it gets pretty cold up here in maine too!
my feet loved them right away. i think it took between 1 and 2 weeks for them to adjust completely. take breaks from wearing them for the first week or two, and increase your time in them gradually. i think it takes some people longer than it took me to adjust to them, so don't worry if it takes you a bit longer. sounds like they're going to do you good, though. Birkenstock were the first thing that made a huge difference in my foot problems -- and it took me eight months to discover them, via heelspurs.com.
good luck to you.
nancy

PatC on 10/12/01 at 11:50 (062849)

Thanks Nancy. I must say that I have been walking around the house picking things up and doing a little laundry and do not have any pain or swelling.
After my daughter and grandkids were here for five days and I was on my feet more than usual I was in agony and felt like I would never make any progress. I'm hoping the shoes along with stretching, viox and icing do the trick. Thanks again for responding. This site has been a life saver.