Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

extended pt questionnaire

Posted by ellen w on 10/12/01 at 13:39 (062859)

In order to have my physical therapy benefits extended, I had to fill out more paperwork forms for the insurance company. One of the questions asked was, 'Over the last 4 weeks, how much of the time have you felt calm and peaceful?' (all, most, some, none?).

Given my experiences of the last 4 weeks (for those of you haven't read my prior posts, I live 8 blocks from the World Trade Center), all I could do was laugh.

ellen

Re: extended pt questionnaire

nancy s. on 10/12/01 at 15:31 (062870)

ellen, after what you went through on 9/11, it's a wonder you've been 'calm' enough to post at all -- but i've seen that you have, so you must be one tough cookie. hang in there!
nancy

Re: extended pt questionnaire/Hello to Ellen

Beverly on 10/14/01 at 15:28 (062981)

Ellen,

I can't imagine how anyone in New York could feel calm or peaceful. I'm so glad to know that you are ok. Even way down here in Texas, it's easy to get the heebie jeebies. Mostly, I don't worry. But sometimes little ordinary things make me jumpy. Like, last night at the movies, the usher came in during the middle of the flick to walk around in a purposeful manner. For just a second, it was all I could do to wonder what he was doing. I had to remind myself not to be paranoid.

Take care,
Beverly

ellen w on 10/15/01 at 09:07 (062999)

Thanks guys,

And now the anthrax thing has us all slightly nuts... I emailed a friend of mine who works for NBC, fortunately in NJ, not the city. Even so, their mail room has been shut down and all their mail confiscated. Where I work, we just walked around on Friday yelling, 'this sucks!'...

Re: extended pt questionnaire

nancy s. on 10/12/01 at 15:31 (062870)

ellen, after what you went through on 9/11, it's a wonder you've been 'calm' enough to post at all -- but i've seen that you have, so you must be one tough cookie. hang in there!
nancy

Beverly on 10/14/01 at 15:28 (062981)

Ellen,

I can't imagine how anyone in New York could feel calm or peaceful. I'm so glad to know that you are ok. Even way down here in Texas, it's easy to get the heebie jeebies. Mostly, I don't worry. But sometimes little ordinary things make me jumpy. Like, last night at the movies, the usher came in during the middle of the flick to walk around in a purposeful manner. For just a second, it was all I could do to wonder what he was doing. I had to remind myself not to be paranoid.

Take care,
Beverly

ellen w on 10/15/01 at 09:07 (062999)

Thanks guys,

And now the anthrax thing has us all slightly nuts... I emailed a friend of mine who works for NBC, fortunately in NJ, not the city. Even so, their mail room has been shut down and all their mail confiscated. Where I work, we just walked around on Friday yelling, 'this sucks!'...