Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Moving is fun fun fun

Posted by Valerie S. on 10/12/01 at 23:08 (062901)

Hello friends.

This has been a heckuva month, huh? My birthday was September 10 (those were the days... hee hee).

Anyhow, my husband, who has been looking for work since MAY (when he graduated), has finally found a job!! YEAH!! I will spare you all the details... but it's a great job with great pay, and we are moving to beautiful northern Michigan.

So, I'm taking a brief break from packing to say hello. I have been on my feet quite a bit these past few days... we got a week's notice before moving. My hubby has been brushing up his programming stuff and I am packing the boxes. My feet are acting up a little, but I am hanging in there! I don't think that I will be out looking for a standup job anytime soon, but I feel like I might be able to lead an almost normal life... I have had PF for over a year now, and am hoping for full recovery by this time next year.

This relocation will also be removing the possibility of returning to work for my 'current' employer (been off since March), so this is going to be a real turning point all around. I am relieved that the weight of 'bringing home the bacon' has been shifted to the better half of this pair for now. This gives me the opportunity to find something that I can do.

We are so excited to be starting this new life, about 3 hours away from 'home.' hee hee. It's scary and it's gonna be a long winter, but we are so ready to move on. YEAH!

I can never seem to keep things brief... sorry. I am just so excited, and even though my feet hurt, I find that I bounce back after a good rest period.

My husband is a Gulf War vet with a computer science degree, and he's so excited. He's going to be working for a little-known corporation that does image manipulation and file encryption for major companies and even for the government! He'll be developing software to keep their clients ahead of the EVIL-DOERS in this world... They sent a sample to NSA in June, and the NSA is still trying to crack their code... million bit encryption and super file compression stuff. The rest is over my head... Not that anyone really cares, but I find it very fascinating. This week they will be doing some R&D on one of those remote-control spy planes from the Air Force... they get to fly it over Michigan and take pictures of the area.

Can you imagine?? All this time, looking for a job... he actually had 2 offers in one weekend. Oh well... tomorrow is the big truck-loading day. I put in my time, doing the packing. We have helpers, thank goodness. I don't think my feet can take THAT much -- stairs and carrying boxes really seem to push me over the pain threshold fast!

Sorry to ramble... Thanks for listening to my show and tell.
Have a great day, or try your best. Don't open any funny looking envelopes, and don't go to the mall on Halloween. :)

I will post again after we move... we lose our glamorous cable internet when we move to this tiny town... only hoping we can get 56K connection ... seriously... hee hee. :)

OK, I'll shut up now. Back to packing... almost done now!!

Your friend, Val.

Re: Moving is fun fun fun

nancy s. on 10/13/01 at 00:32 (062905)

valerie, i have to say, you sound GREAT, and very happy about this move overall. sounds like a good thing, and northern michigan IS beautiful. best of luck to you in your new home and enjoy the adventure. congratulations!
nancy

Tammie on 10/13/01 at 08:12 (062911)

Oh Val ,
I am very happy for you!!!You were one of my first supporters here and I admired you greatly for your will to beat this foot trouble in any way you could. I do hope the progress continues for u! With all of your moving you will be quite weary, so take the time u need to put htose feet first and let them continue there healing!

I wish you and your hubby continues luck and prayers that all works out well for you both. You sure had a long hard stuggle. Will look foward to reading further posts about your great adventure!!!!! Hugs to uuuuuuuuu your friend always,Tammie

Barbara TX on 10/13/01 at 14:00 (062930)

Val - spent many glorious summers on Lake MI/Traverse City area. LOVE IT. You are sure heading in the right direction. Best of luck to you and enjoy the excitement! B.

nancy s. on 10/13/01 at 00:32 (062905)

valerie, i have to say, you sound GREAT, and very happy about this move overall. sounds like a good thing, and northern michigan IS beautiful. best of luck to you in your new home and enjoy the adventure. congratulations!
nancy

Tammie on 10/13/01 at 08:12 (062911)

Oh Val ,
I am very happy for you!!!You were one of my first supporters here and I admired you greatly for your will to beat this foot trouble in any way you could. I do hope the progress continues for u! With all of your moving you will be quite weary, so take the time u need to put htose feet first and let them continue there healing!

I wish you and your hubby continues luck and prayers that all works out well for you both. You sure had a long hard stuggle. Will look foward to reading further posts about your great adventure!!!!! Hugs to uuuuuuuuu your friend always,Tammie

Barbara TX on 10/13/01 at 14:00 (062930)

Val - spent many glorious summers on Lake MI/Traverse City area. LOVE IT. You are sure heading in the right direction. Best of luck to you and enjoy the excitement! B.