Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain & vitamin C

Posted by Mortimer on 10/13/01 at 21:05 (062946)

Has anyone tried Vitamin C? http://www.alternativemedicine.com/AMHome.asp?cn=Catalog&act=GetProduct&crt=ProductKey=14902&style=\AMXSL\ArticleDetail.xsl or Solomon's Seal?

Re: Mortimer

Carmen H on 10/16/01 at 12:43 (063078)

If you are looking for alternative methods of anti inflammatories I think you may want to start with Black Cherry Juice and do a search on it here.....The liquid form packs in the calories so unless you're able to be active I would stay away from this one and try it in pill form.
Arnica is also a decent anti inflam....it comes in many forms.
I had no luck with either but that's just been my experience.

Re: heel pain -Vit. c, vs topical ibuporfen

michaelk on 10/18/01 at 15:30 (063240)

Tried the cherry juice - no luck with it.
But i find that the topical ibuprofen (4%dyclofenac in diffusimax-requires a prescription) really helps the fascia on the palm of the foot - they tell me it doesn't help the heel pain , as the topical ibuprofen can't penetrate the heel as it's too thick.

Re: Mortimer

Carmen H on 10/16/01 at 12:43 (063078)

If you are looking for alternative methods of anti inflammatories I think you may want to start with Black Cherry Juice and do a search on it here.....The liquid form packs in the calories so unless you're able to be active I would stay away from this one and try it in pill form.
Arnica is also a decent anti inflam....it comes in many forms.
I had no luck with either but that's just been my experience.

Re: heel pain -Vit. c, vs topical ibuporfen

michaelk on 10/18/01 at 15:30 (063240)

Tried the cherry juice - no luck with it.
But i find that the topical ibuprofen (4%dyclofenac in diffusimax-requires a prescription) really helps the fascia on the palm of the foot - they tell me it doesn't help the heel pain , as the topical ibuprofen can't penetrate the heel as it's too thick.