Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Feeling confused Dr.Z

Posted by Regina on 10/13/01 at 23:47 (062950)

Hi,
I am still feeling confused as to my foot pain dr.Z.
When I made my visit to the dr.last week he found a cyst as I stated earlier on and then gave me an injection for that and seemed to be doing ok but am back to same pain.He has me also doing the taping my foot again.I am starting to feel that maybe I may be having a complication problem as at 5 mos.post op I thought I would be doing much better than I seem to be as I still have so much pain associated with my walking some days.I have at times maybe tried to walk a little more than I should and not rest my foot but generally I have tried to be careful.I am just wondering if I may need to talk with an orthotist about everything further as dr. is urging me to get orthotics and I will add that he does casting himself
and sends it to a lab,etc.instead of having a pedorthist do it or maybe I just need more time for healing? Thanks Much! Regina

Re: Feeling confused Dr.Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/14/01 at 01:57 (062954)

Tough with out seeing your foot. Taping and orthosis is a very reasonable step at this point. What do you have to lose. You have pain. You are post five months which still isn't to the point where hey my foot isn't getting better.

Foot orthois can control any abnormal biomechanical motion and it can also support the lateral plantar fascia band. So move forward with the orthosis

Re: Feeling confused Dr.Z

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/14/01 at 01:57 (062954)

Tough with out seeing your foot. Taping and orthosis is a very reasonable step at this point. What do you have to lose. You have pain. You are post five months which still isn't to the point where hey my foot isn't getting better.

Foot orthois can control any abnormal biomechanical motion and it can also support the lateral plantar fascia band. So move forward with the orthosis