Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

The PF Book

Posted by Eve M. on 10/14/01 at 20:25 (062991)

I'd like to make a suggestion, if I may. The PF Book material is fantastically useful; in fact, after having read through it online a few times, I finally printed it out last night and started highlighting things. But I also noticed that there's some repetition, making it a little hard to remember where I found this or that tidbit, and it would benefit from additional links and a more 'granular' page organization.

Once upon a time I was a technical editor, and I'm handy with basic HTML. Scott, would you be interested in a writeup of some organizational and editorial suggestions, and possibly even a draft implementation of those suggestions (if you approve them) in HTML form? --Eve

Re: The PF Book

Scott R on 10/15/01 at 08:13 (062998)

Eve,
Select a section of the book, make the improvements (in html if you want) and then email it to me. If I like and use your new version of that section, I'll want you to do more.

Another idea is for you to make it double-spaced in your html program and then handwrite the changes and suggestions, then I could work with that. Nancy S did that for me 2 or 3 times. I really need to hurry up and finish it so I can make it into a booklet to sell. But I've been saying that for 3 years.

Thanks, Scott

Eve M. on 10/15/01 at 20:01 (063026)

Okay, sounds like a plan. I suspect that the first pass will probably come out as a writeup about very high-level organization and style that I can email you, along with a sample section that's done one of the ways you suggest.

This is just a thing I like to do for fun and it would be nice to know I could give back to this useful site in some way, so thanks for agreeing to try it out. And if it helps you get a saleable booklet out sooner, so much the better! --Eve

Eve M. on 10/22/01 at 21:43 (063441)

As promised, I've mailed you a couple of files with suggestions and edits for the first part of the book. I'm dropping this note here because I'm not sure which you check more often, the message boards or your heelspurs email account... Let me know what you think. --Eve

Scott R on 10/15/01 at 08:13 (062998)

Eve,
Select a section of the book, make the improvements (in html if you want) and then email it to me. If I like and use your new version of that section, I'll want you to do more.

Another idea is for you to make it double-spaced in your html program and then handwrite the changes and suggestions, then I could work with that. Nancy S did that for me 2 or 3 times. I really need to hurry up and finish it so I can make it into a booklet to sell. But I've been saying that for 3 years.

Thanks, Scott

Eve M. on 10/15/01 at 20:01 (063026)

Okay, sounds like a plan. I suspect that the first pass will probably come out as a writeup about very high-level organization and style that I can email you, along with a sample section that's done one of the ways you suggest.

This is just a thing I like to do for fun and it would be nice to know I could give back to this useful site in some way, so thanks for agreeing to try it out. And if it helps you get a saleable booklet out sooner, so much the better! --Eve

Eve M. on 10/22/01 at 21:43 (063441)

As promised, I've mailed you a couple of files with suggestions and edits for the first part of the book. I'm dropping this note here because I'm not sure which you check more often, the message boards or your heelspurs email account... Let me know what you think. --Eve