Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain

Posted by Laurin on 10/14/01 at 23:21 (062995)

I have had pain in my heel for a couple of months. The pain in pretty much consistent throughout the day. The pain comes mostly after i have been sitting when i get up and walk around. I am 25 years old and have had similar pains in the past. When i was in high school i use to get the same pain in my heel but it would come about twice a year and last a week. Do you have any suggestions on what this could be and what i can do about it? Thank you for your time....Laurin

Re: heel pain

DrPW on 10/15/01 at 09:08 (063000)

Dear Laurin,
Of course I can't give you a 100% accurate diagnosis via e-mail but it sounds like Plantar Fascitis. Via the web site you can get tons of information on it. Are you an athlete of any sort? Let me know.
Sincerely,
Dr. Peter A. Wishnie

Laurin T on 10/15/01 at 12:36 (063013)

No, i am not an athlete. I am a full time student, so i am always sitting at school or sitting at home doing homework.
Thank you for the prompt reply
Laurin

DrPW on 10/15/01 at 09:08 (063000)

Dear Laurin,
Of course I can't give you a 100% accurate diagnosis via e-mail but it sounds like Plantar Fascitis. Via the web site you can get tons of information on it. Are you an athlete of any sort? Let me know.
Sincerely,
Dr. Peter A. Wishnie

Laurin T on 10/15/01 at 12:36 (063013)

No, i am not an athlete. I am a full time student, so i am always sitting at school or sitting at home doing homework.
Thank you for the prompt reply
Laurin