Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

toenails?

Posted by Paula on 10/15/01 at 12:23 (063011)

Within the last couple of months I noticed a couple of my toenails have taken a different texture. The edges have become jagged and underneath the nail has become thick and fragmented. I've also noticed that those toes become soar at times. I plan to make an appt. w/a podiatrist, but can you give may any insight as to what this could be?

Re: diet?

Carmen H on 10/16/01 at 15:27 (063086)

Have you made any changes in your diet or do you ahve any deficiencies?
Do a search on google.com with exactly what is going on. Or try Webmd.com as well while waiting for a doctors reply here.

Re: toenails?

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/17/01 at 16:02 (063169)

Hi,

Could be a fungus toe nail infection. There are some great medications both oral and topical such as penlac and lamasil that can be used for this condition. Your podiatrist will be able to explain and help you out with this nasty problem

Re: diet?

Carmen H on 10/16/01 at 15:27 (063086)

Have you made any changes in your diet or do you ahve any deficiencies?
Do a search on google.com with exactly what is going on. Or try Webmd.com as well while waiting for a doctors reply here.

Re: toenails?

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/17/01 at 16:02 (063169)

Hi,

Could be a fungus toe nail infection. There are some great medications both oral and topical such as penlac and lamasil that can be used for this condition. Your podiatrist will be able to explain and help you out with this nasty problem