Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Injections

Posted by Suzanne Corey on 10/15/01 at 23:40 (063040)

I was diagnosed with acute plantar fasciitis in Feb. 2001---I went to a foot Dr. in Shreveport, LA and got injections in BOTH feet, even tho the right heel pain is much worse than the left. It was great! I had new feet! I went directly to the Mardi Gras and walked on my 'new feet' for 4 days in PLATFORM BOOTS! Well, the pain came back about 8 weeks later---I went again, and this time he had me fitted for night splints, and stretching and Vioxx---mind you, I don't have health insurance---so this was becoming quite expensive. I travel for my job---my next assignment was in Seattle doing the THREE 12-HOUR SHIFTS---OUCH!!!! I went and had another injection, just on the right. Well, now I have had a total of 4 injections on the right and one on the left. The last injection actually seemed to make the pain WORSE (????)---I am to the point now where my feet hurt even when I am NOT walking--waking me up during the night. The pain is HORRIFIC--now it has moved to the outside of the back of my heel (the 'horseshoe' so to speak)---I can't afford to go to the doctor any more---I have spent nearly 5 grand trying to fix my foot out of my own pocket--and it is worse than ever. Someone told me NOT TO HAVE ANY MORE INJECTIONS---any suggestions????? sign me....ACHING AND THROBBING IN ST. LOUIS!!! Suzi

Re: Injections

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/16/01 at 08:46 (063053)

Hi,

Too many steriod injections will and can cause injury to the tissue and in some cases a rupture. You may have a rupture at this point and time.
You could have developed a stress fracture in the bone.

Plantar fasciitis needs rest and a comprehensive treatment program. Read the heel pain book. You are going to have to see a doctor . All of the treatments you have had in the past are standard. The one treatment that you didn't have was rest. I know it is difficult to rest with your work schedule but it is still important . At this point and time you will to detemine if you have a stress fracture and or a rupture of the plantar fascia by seeing a doctor

Lets us know how you do

Re: Injections

Dr. Zuckerman on 10/16/01 at 08:46 (063053)

Hi,

Too many steriod injections will and can cause injury to the tissue and in some cases a rupture. You may have a rupture at this point and time.
You could have developed a stress fracture in the bone.

Plantar fasciitis needs rest and a comprehensive treatment program. Read the heel pain book. You are going to have to see a doctor . All of the treatments you have had in the past are standard. The one treatment that you didn't have was rest. I know it is difficult to rest with your work schedule but it is still important . At this point and time you will to detemine if you have a stress fracture and or a rupture of the plantar fascia by seeing a doctor

Lets us know how you do