Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Ellen in NY

Posted by Necee on 10/17/01 at 00:49 (063122)

Hi Ellen,
Its so good to see you posting from time to time. Please keep in touch and let us know how your doing. I can't help but think about you everytime I see pictures of NY.
Your in my thoughts and prayers,
Necee

Re: To Ellen in NY

ellen w on 10/17/01 at 16:10 (063170)

Hi Necee,

Thanks so much. Like most New Yorkers, I'm perservering. Trying to deal with all of this through joking around, staying in touch with friends and family, despite all the craziness. Besides all the actual anthrax incidents, there are numerous false reports that have been tying up the subway system like crazy. Everytime someone reports 'suspicious powder' that subway line has to be shut down until it's checked out. So far no incidents -- real or fake -- have affected me directly, though I know people who have been. My own block is slowly getting back to normal, though 2 blocks away is where the 'frozen zone' begins, and you can't get in without having id or some appropriate reason for being there, like working there or being connected to the rescue efforts.

My pf is progressing. I actually wore normal shoes rather than sneakers yesterday for the first time all day (I had back to back meetings that required looking professional) and was able to handle it, though today I was a little stiffer, but not unbearably so. So I think there's a light at the end of the tunnel for me, at least with this episode.

So.... things go on. Though I must say your Texas hills sound pretty appealing right now.

Ellen

Re: To Ellen in NY

ellen w on 10/17/01 at 16:10 (063170)

Hi Necee,

Thanks so much. Like most New Yorkers, I'm perservering. Trying to deal with all of this through joking around, staying in touch with friends and family, despite all the craziness. Besides all the actual anthrax incidents, there are numerous false reports that have been tying up the subway system like crazy. Everytime someone reports 'suspicious powder' that subway line has to be shut down until it's checked out. So far no incidents -- real or fake -- have affected me directly, though I know people who have been. My own block is slowly getting back to normal, though 2 blocks away is where the 'frozen zone' begins, and you can't get in without having id or some appropriate reason for being there, like working there or being connected to the rescue efforts.

My pf is progressing. I actually wore normal shoes rather than sneakers yesterday for the first time all day (I had back to back meetings that required looking professional) and was able to handle it, though today I was a little stiffer, but not unbearably so. So I think there's a light at the end of the tunnel for me, at least with this episode.

So.... things go on. Though I must say your Texas hills sound pretty appealing right now.

Ellen