Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

running shoes

Posted by Holly D on 10/17/01 at 10:32 (063138)

I've got a chronic case of PF, and flat feet. I'm also a runner. I have custom orthotics now. When I'm running, do I still need motion control shoes, or are these too much? would I be better off using a good stability shoe? Any suggestions as too which shoe would be best?

Re: running shoes

John V on 10/17/01 at 13:10 (063151)

I have found the combination of custom orthotics and a cushioned shoe to be pretty good. The orthotics seem to provide enough support and motion control that not much more is needed from the shoe--at least that's been my experience. I had good luck with a pair of Reebok DMX shoes; finally just wore them out. I'm currently using a pair of Saucony Jazz shoes that I like, as well. I found that I had to buy shoes a half size larger than I would normally wear, to accomodate the orthotics.

Re: running shoes

John V on 10/17/01 at 13:10 (063151)

I have found the combination of custom orthotics and a cushioned shoe to be pretty good. The orthotics seem to provide enough support and motion control that not much more is needed from the shoe--at least that's been my experience. I had good luck with a pair of Reebok DMX shoes; finally just wore them out. I'm currently using a pair of Saucony Jazz shoes that I like, as well. I found that I had to buy shoes a half size larger than I would normally wear, to accomodate the orthotics.