Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cooler weather?

Posted by JoAnn Fl on 10/17/01 at 13:35 (063152)

Is it normal to have more pain with PF when the temp is lower?

Re: Cooler weather?

JudyS on 10/17/01 at 15:30 (063162)

I confess that that has always been my experience with cold we
ather....I assume because tendons and muscles in general seem to tighten up when they're cold.

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/17/01 at 16:14 (063173)

Inflammatory conditions often worsen with cooler weather but more so with increased humidity.
Ed

Suzanne D on 10/17/01 at 16:25 (063175)

I had noticed in the last week or so that my pain was worse. I couldn't understand it as school was out, and I was not on my feet as much. This makes sense. We had several days in a row of cool, rainy weather, and that is probably a cause. Thanks for the information.

john h on 10/18/01 at 19:47 (063250)

hey judy-- what do you know about the cold in San Diego? You must be talking about Michigan. I imagine it must drop into the high 60's on a cold night there on the beach. barb-send judy your ice skates unless you plan on using them there in dallas. actually-i sometimes think that cool damp weather causes more pain and then sometimes it does not. it could be the low pressure that usually accompanies a passing cool front. most arthritis sufferers will swear that cool weather causes more pain but i have never read any scientific evidence that it does. wendy should be in horriffic pain and so should nancy s during the winter because where they live it really does get cold.

wendyn on 10/18/01 at 22:31 (063270)

I woke up to snow on the ground 2 days ago. It has since melted - but it's falling a fair bit below freezing at night now...brrrrrr.

JudyS on 10/17/01 at 15:30 (063162)

I confess that that has always been my experience with cold we
ather....I assume because tendons and muscles in general seem to tighten up when they're cold.

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/17/01 at 16:14 (063173)

Inflammatory conditions often worsen with cooler weather but more so with increased humidity.
Ed

Suzanne D on 10/17/01 at 16:25 (063175)

I had noticed in the last week or so that my pain was worse. I couldn't understand it as school was out, and I was not on my feet as much. This makes sense. We had several days in a row of cool, rainy weather, and that is probably a cause. Thanks for the information.

john h on 10/18/01 at 19:47 (063250)

hey judy-- what do you know about the cold in San Diego? You must be talking about Michigan. I imagine it must drop into the high 60's on a cold night there on the beach. barb-send judy your ice skates unless you plan on using them there in dallas. actually-i sometimes think that cool damp weather causes more pain and then sometimes it does not. it could be the low pressure that usually accompanies a passing cool front. most arthritis sufferers will swear that cool weather causes more pain but i have never read any scientific evidence that it does. wendy should be in horriffic pain and so should nancy s during the winter because where they live it really does get cold.

wendyn on 10/18/01 at 22:31 (063270)

I woke up to snow on the ground 2 days ago. It has since melted - but it's falling a fair bit below freezing at night now...brrrrrr.