Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

11 weeks post op

Posted by Pat B on 10/17/01 at 20:30 (063195)

I have had TTS surgery about 11 weeks ago. They released the nerves on the inside of my left foot. I thought I was doing real well but now I have to change my mind on this. I am having some problems. First, the incision at times feels as though it is ripping on the bottom of the incision. There is nothing visible or does it look infected. The doc says it healed well. Second, there is still swelling on the ankle like old times. Third, the pain is mainly gone in the big toe but the next two on occasion are still hurting which just started again. Luckily it is not a constant. Fourth, my heal and arch are cramping quite a bit once again. It is starting to hurt to drive, sit, walk and wakes me at night. Funny thing is when my feet hurt before the surgery, I kept dreaming of walking and walking which became nightmares. The dreams are now returning along with the foot pain. Fifth, the two littlest toes are hurting quite a bit like before along with the ankle on the outside of my foot. On my last visit to the podiatrist, I did not have so many problems or as much pain. I do know that another visit is in order soon. He informed me that I have 'much pathology in my foot' which really makes one feel terrific once you figure out what the heck he means.

Everyone here knows it is bad enough living with sore feet. It is so sad for me because I cannot get comfortable sitting, standing, sleeping. People say 'You will just have to do a sit down job.' Funny thing is that I cannot sit down comfortably either because my feet still hurt. The worse part of the sitting is that I have arthritis in my spine so I get real sore if I sit too long and I also fall asleep when I sit too long because I am too hyper or something.

I do know that I have nerve damage in the other side of my foot as well and the only way to change that is another surgery. I have had 2 bone spurs removed and TTS surgery this year so far. The thing that I wonder the most is I feel that I am not recovering so successfully from the last TTS that if I have another, will there be actual improvement or am I just wasting time, money and patience. The one thing that really concerns me is my other foot hurts too and I am sure I have TTS in that one because that one wakes me as well. I am so happy that it is staying contained in the inside of the foot, heel and arch and has not really bothered the toes or ankle at this point (knock on wood).

How many people out there have the same problems or have had surgery on both sides of the feet. I know there are people out there that have both feet affected but how many had TTS on both sides of the feet. Is it common? Does the surgery help and is successful for both sides to alleviate the symptoms? Is it common to have continued heel and arch pain? I am so afraid that I am going to be disabled for the rest of my life. Anyone know if you can collect Social Security Disability for TTS? I worry about my future quite often because it seems that soon I will not be able to hold down any kind of job. What are your options if you cannot sit, stand, sleep, walk or fly? I would like to hear from Docs as well. Thanks all for your continued support and help and I wish everyone the best with this miserable condition.

Re: 11 weeks post op

Tammie on 10/17/01 at 20:51 (063198)

Hello Pat, and I must say my heart goes out to u! You have some wonderful questions and I do hope you get the answers. I understand some of your fears, it is tough when it seems like the pain is there always, you cant sleep you cant walk you cant sit you cant stand or lay without pain interfering with your life. I honestly hear u and understand. As for answers I dont have a single one for u. I wish I had then maybe I would have some for myself.

I am recovering from the tts surgery it is 7 weeks now, and I also had spur removal and a pf release and thought surly by now I would be totaly recovered. Nope not case and still figting to stay above the water. I am not sure about more surgery and if it was needed my friend I would certainly ask a great many questions at this point. There are some great Dr.s here who may give u some answers and so are there others aflicted with this also. Keep searching and keep you chin up that is all we have. I wish I could give you the majic answers that u are looking for really I do . I cant but I can say I am sorry and I really feel for u! Also would like to give you a cyber hug as tho it wont be a cure, it may make you feel welcome and lift your heart a little bit in your darkness. Please take care and look foward to seeing if you get answers! Hugs to u

momstv on 10/19/01 at 11:53 (063292)

Hello Pat, I too am recovering from endless surgeries and pain. I had the last surgery on the 9th and needless to say am still in a lot of pain and discomfort. I hear you when you say you can't sleep,sit, stand, lie or do anything that seems to help. I read and play on the computer when I can. I used to quilt but can't find a comfortable position for my foot, back leg ect. to keep it up for long enough to get much done. Hope the best for you and if you come up with any help would you please pass it on. Good Luck and God Bless.

suzanne d. on 1/11/02 at 15:58 (069665)

Deara Pat:

Sounds as if we have traveled the same painful road. I'm preparing for surgery on second foot, and am post-op 3 weeks from right foot. I crave answers to many questions you asked in your email. Please let me know about social scurity if you discover anything. Up until 5 years ago I was a serious athlet, and now I can stand for no longer than 10 to 12 seconds without excrutiating pain. Your email makes me want to cry. Let me know what you find out.
Sincerely,
Suzanne

suzanne d. on 1/11/02 at 15:58 (069666)

Dear Pat:

Sounds as if we have traveled the same painful road. I'm preparing for surgery on second foot, and am post-op 3 weeks from right foot. I crave answers to many questions you asked in your email. Please let me know about social scurity if you discover anything. Up until 5 years ago I was a serious athlet, and now I can stand for no longer than 10 to 12 seconds without excrutiating pain. Your email makes me want to cry. Let me know what you find out.
Sincerely,
Suzanne

Tammie on 10/17/01 at 20:51 (063198)

Hello Pat, and I must say my heart goes out to u! You have some wonderful questions and I do hope you get the answers. I understand some of your fears, it is tough when it seems like the pain is there always, you cant sleep you cant walk you cant sit you cant stand or lay without pain interfering with your life. I honestly hear u and understand. As for answers I dont have a single one for u. I wish I had then maybe I would have some for myself.

I am recovering from the tts surgery it is 7 weeks now, and I also had spur removal and a pf release and thought surly by now I would be totaly recovered. Nope not case and still figting to stay above the water. I am not sure about more surgery and if it was needed my friend I would certainly ask a great many questions at this point. There are some great Dr.s here who may give u some answers and so are there others aflicted with this also. Keep searching and keep you chin up that is all we have. I wish I could give you the majic answers that u are looking for really I do . I cant but I can say I am sorry and I really feel for u! Also would like to give you a cyber hug as tho it wont be a cure, it may make you feel welcome and lift your heart a little bit in your darkness. Please take care and look foward to seeing if you get answers! Hugs to u

momstv on 10/19/01 at 11:53 (063292)

Hello Pat, I too am recovering from endless surgeries and pain. I had the last surgery on the 9th and needless to say am still in a lot of pain and discomfort. I hear you when you say you can't sleep,sit, stand, lie or do anything that seems to help. I read and play on the computer when I can. I used to quilt but can't find a comfortable position for my foot, back leg ect. to keep it up for long enough to get much done. Hope the best for you and if you come up with any help would you please pass it on. Good Luck and God Bless.

suzanne d. on 1/11/02 at 15:58 (069665)

Deara Pat:

Sincerely,
Suzanne

suzanne d. on 1/11/02 at 15:58 (069666)

Dear Pat:

Sincerely,
Suzanne