Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal tunnel surgery

Posted by momstv on 10/18/01 at 18:24 (063245)

I have had TTsurgery on my left foot following two previous surgeries on same foot. Question is do I still need to take the Neurontin? and Is there any need to return to the DR for a slight split in the incision? The last surgery was done on the 9th of October and I have had some bleeding since I have been allowed brief showers of a morning. I am on crutches, Weigh 220 pounds and hate to use them. I can walk with out them but only if foot is supported with a good ace bandage wrap. I have not been able to walk 'normal' for over two years and have been treated for plantar fachitis, nerve decompression, and nerve blocks. Is there any hope of a normal life ever again? Also Can you tell me if I might be eligible for any benefits because I am not able to work. Please send all words of encouragement, I am listening. I do have a very good DPM and trust him with my life. I take several other meds as well as Neurontin.

Re: Tarsal tunnel surgery

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/22/01 at 17:32 (063432)

Your doc may be able to taper you off the neurontin as you recover from the procedure--discuss it with him. Best of luck.
Ed

Re: Tarsal tunnel surgery

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/22/01 at 17:32 (063432)

Your doc may be able to taper you off the neurontin as you recover from the procedure--discuss it with him. Best of luck.
Ed