Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Spasams in feet?

Posted by Tammie on 10/18/01 at 19:22 (063246)

Please can you what I can do about thease foot spasams in my bad foot! They are terribly painful, similar to having a charlie horse , then leaves my foot throbbing in the arch area and top of foot in toe areas. There also is a lump in the arch area that was not there before about the size of a quarter and painful when pushed on.

I have had the pf and spur removal in april, and the tts decompression at the end of Aug. I have recently returned to work and have been working 9 hrs a day and alot of foot work.I have a day of recovery inbetween each day of work. And I seem to be expierancing alot of pain in evening and nighttime especially. Ice irritates, heat soothes.I have only worked 3 days this week and am done till Mon. Is there anything I can do to help my very sore foot?Keeping me up at night.Have been wearing orthodics and my Nb shoes for work, and have noticed the limp is coming back . Can u please offer any suggestions? Thank you very much! Oh yes my good foot has been screaming with anger, have been babying it am feeling alot of soreness and throbing and some tingling in heel area, but not ankle.

Re: Spasams in feet?

Laurie R on 10/18/01 at 19:28 (063247)

Tammie , Have you shown your doctor the lump on your foot ? Now I am not saying you have what I have ,but is sounds just like my lump. My lump is right my arch on my fascia and it is the size of a quarter . My Pod just checked it out again yesterday and said it is a fibroma . It is very painful at times. Now I am not diagnosing you with what I have ,it just sounds like what I have.Maybe you can go see your Pod and have him check it out so you will know what it is.

I hope you feel better soon my friend .... I want to see what the doctors here think .

Much love ,Laurie

Re: Spasams in feet?/shrink next?

Tammie on 10/19/01 at 22:12 (063326)

No Laurie have not shown dr. yet, really kinda dreading it as I hate the thoughts of more shots in feet. Think I am needle shy now.Anyways I do not see him till Nov. I am not sure what it is thought maybe scar tissue? It is where he had a couple of stitches from last surgery, but not sure what those stitiches were for? I am really quite disgusted and ready to throw the towel in on healing of thy feet, thinking that this is going to be the best it gets. And wondering if and how I can learn to deal with it.
I ordered another new pair of shoes thinking maybe thease will be the magic slippers for my glass feet hehe, I still do not like shoes on my feet, I do wear them but they are not comfortable it irritates my foot . I am starting to wonder if it is not shoe but orthodic as reading several peoples displeasure with theres. I dont know grasping at straws, I just wish the feet would let up as I have enough in life to deal with and frankly tired of waking up at night and not being able to sleep in my own bed. I was thinking I could take care of babies at night as I seem to be up every couple of hours if not spasams it is the darn throbing or tingling. I could rock babies as I whine lol. Well am so very glad to hear about your trip to your dr. sounds promising and u know I will say prayers for u that soon you will find relief in those feet of yours. Hugs to u, and really thanks for caring. Maybe next step ought to be a good shrink what do u think that is what the hubby thinks. Ok hugs to u and lots of luck!

Laurie R on 10/19/01 at 23:46 (063330)

Dearest Tammie , ok a shrink would be ok only if he or she had PF had PF or knows a lot about it ... That would be the only kind I would go to . Please don't throw the towel in , remember it can take a year to heal after tts surgery . I know it gets frustrating at times ,believe me I know . We must keep the faith and keep trying everything we can to get healed. Your right orthotics play a key role in our feet . They have to be just right to help . The problem I am having with mine are , the lump I have rubs right on my orthotic . My Pod did pad it for me ,but it still is uncomfortable at times .

I pray for you everyday and you deserve to be pain free.

Much love to you Tammie , Laurie R

Re: Spasams in feet?

Laurie R on 10/18/01 at 19:28 (063247)

Tammie , Have you shown your doctor the lump on your foot ? Now I am not saying you have what I have ,but is sounds just like my lump. My lump is right my arch on my fascia and it is the size of a quarter . My Pod just checked it out again yesterday and said it is a fibroma . It is very painful at times. Now I am not diagnosing you with what I have ,it just sounds like what I have.Maybe you can go see your Pod and have him check it out so you will know what it is.

I hope you feel better soon my friend .... I want to see what the doctors here think .

Much love ,Laurie

Tammie on 10/19/01 at 22:12 (063326)

No Laurie have not shown dr. yet, really kinda dreading it as I hate the thoughts of more shots in feet. Think I am needle shy now.Anyways I do not see him till Nov. I am not sure what it is thought maybe scar tissue? It is where he had a couple of stitches from last surgery, but not sure what those stitiches were for? I am really quite disgusted and ready to throw the towel in on healing of thy feet, thinking that this is going to be the best it gets. And wondering if and how I can learn to deal with it.
I ordered another new pair of shoes thinking maybe thease will be the magic slippers for my glass feet hehe, I still do not like shoes on my feet, I do wear them but they are not comfortable it irritates my foot . I am starting to wonder if it is not shoe but orthodic as reading several peoples displeasure with theres. I dont know grasping at straws, I just wish the feet would let up as I have enough in life to deal with and frankly tired of waking up at night and not being able to sleep in my own bed. I was thinking I could take care of babies at night as I seem to be up every couple of hours if not spasams it is the darn throbing or tingling. I could rock babies as I whine lol. Well am so very glad to hear about your trip to your dr. sounds promising and u know I will say prayers for u that soon you will find relief in those feet of yours. Hugs to u, and really thanks for caring. Maybe next step ought to be a good shrink what do u think that is what the hubby thinks. Ok hugs to u and lots of luck!

Laurie R on 10/19/01 at 23:46 (063330)

Dearest Tammie , ok a shrink would be ok only if he or she had PF had PF or knows a lot about it ... That would be the only kind I would go to . Please don't throw the towel in , remember it can take a year to heal after tts surgery . I know it gets frustrating at times ,believe me I know . We must keep the faith and keep trying everything we can to get healed. Your right orthotics play a key role in our feet . They have to be just right to help . The problem I am having with mine are , the lump I have rubs right on my orthotic . My Pod did pad it for me ,but it still is uncomfortable at times .

I pray for you everyday and you deserve to be pain free.

Much love to you Tammie , Laurie R