Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Berkinstock?

Posted by JoAnn Fl on 10/18/01 at 23:10 (063276)

Does anyone know where I could find some Berkinstocks at a lower price? I have never tried them but I think a size 39 (Classic) is what I need. Which are the best types too look for? Heeless or with a strap?

Re: Berkinstock?

Suzanne D on 10/21/01 at 22:10 (063399)

JoAnn, if you will click on this link: Birkenstock - you will go to the German site where the shoes can be bought for less than here in America. I have found out about that through reading this message board. You might find sales at some stores, and I noticed that there were some limited choices at 'close-out prices' on the site as well.

I only have experience with the Arizona sandals (no back strap) and the Boston (clogs) shoes. I had heard more about these two types than any other, so I bought the Arizona first at a store in Louisville, and after I saw that they did indeed help me, I got the Boston style. I have ordered a pair of Annapolis (Mary Jane type) from Germany and am awaiting their arival. I might add that the Bostons and Arizonas also come in a 'soft-bed' style(more cushioning), and you might really like that. I find them more comfortable than others I tried on at the store.

Good luck!

JoAnn Fl on 10/31/01 at 01:12 (063866)

If anyone is interested try eBay, type Birkenstock in the search box. I just won a bid on a pair. You can get very good deals on them there.

Suzanne D on 10/21/01 at 22:10 (063399)

JoAnn, if you will click on this link: Birkenstock - you will go to the German site where the shoes can be bought for less than here in America. I have found out about that through reading this message board. You might find sales at some stores, and I noticed that there were some limited choices at 'close-out prices' on the site as well.

I only have experience with the Arizona sandals (no back strap) and the Boston (clogs) shoes. I had heard more about these two types than any other, so I bought the Arizona first at a store in Louisville, and after I saw that they did indeed help me, I got the Boston style. I have ordered a pair of Annapolis (Mary Jane type) from Germany and am awaiting their arival. I might add that the Bostons and Arizonas also come in a 'soft-bed' style(more cushioning), and you might really like that. I find them more comfortable than others I tried on at the store.

Good luck!

JoAnn Fl on 10/31/01 at 01:12 (063866)

If anyone is interested try eBay, type Birkenstock in the search box. I just won a bid on a pair. You can get very good deals on them there.