Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I know your pain!!!

Posted by Beckyluvs2travel on 10/19/01 at 10:35 (063286)

Hi, Becky Burks, now Becky Yu here. I am back in China (back in 1997-1999 I was a faithful friend of this board). Most of you knew I had to leave China in 1996 to fix this stupid foot thing which never will be fixed till heaven when I can walk pain free. I had Ossatron 1998 on an experiemental thing. I was actually not even supposed to be seen by Dr. Alvarez (one of the best ORtho surgeons in the US), but I sneaked in and was seen by the grace of God. My first was placebo treatment (fake), then I had two more real ones. I failed but two years later am no longer crawling to the bathroom. I have flare up's every few months. I had to totally change my life though, no aerobics, no long long walks, no shopping all day. I'm now in China, the country where everyone is thin and all my students ask if I am and why am I not interested in sports, I have to try to explain this foot thing. They don't get it. They think if I run etc... I'll get better. I always sit to teach and rarely walk around the class or I'm doomed. I'm not invalid, don't think I'll have to go on disability (at one time I did), won't ever have to use crutches or a cane. I'm blessed just not to have to crawl to the bathroom. If you remember me or need a sympathetic ear, I'm here for you.

I just got married to a Chinese fellow. Wonderful man. I did tell him, if he married me he'd be marrying a cripple. He's very active but understanding.

Bless you and remember God won't give you more than you can bear. Believe me, I've been there (can't get out of bed, have to crawl everywhere, sedentary life, depression...)

Becky Yu

Re: I know your pain!!!

Steve P on 10/19/01 at 18:40 (063309)

Hi Becky -- Have you considered having ESWT again, perhaps on a return trip to the states? Several of us have found that multiple ESWT treatments have been beneficial. That might apply in your case too. Just a thought.

Thanks for the update.

Regards..........Steve

Re: pain has subsided for now

Beckyluvs2travel on 10/20/01 at 23:05 (063369)

Pain only goes in flairups and I have no insurance for something like that.
One reason I did the Oss. was because it was 100% covered by insurance.
I'm not desperate as before. I don't count on being completely well.This is something I will have to live with. Ossatron is def. helpful, more helpful than anything else I've tried.

Re: I know your pain!!!

Steve P on 10/19/01 at 18:40 (063309)

Hi Becky -- Have you considered having ESWT again, perhaps on a return trip to the states? Several of us have found that multiple ESWT treatments have been beneficial. That might apply in your case too. Just a thought.

Thanks for the update.

Regards..........Steve

Re: pain has subsided for now

Beckyluvs2travel on 10/20/01 at 23:05 (063369)

Pain only goes in flairups and I have no insurance for something like that.
One reason I did the Oss. was because it was 100% covered by insurance.
I'm not desperate as before. I don't count on being completely well.This is something I will have to live with. Ossatron is def. helpful, more helpful than anything else I've tried.